LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

NFL Breaking News Thread-2024 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
Give the boy a chance. Fields played like ass and they stuck with him for 2 seasons. Now they enjoy the rewards
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Give the boy a chance. Fields played like ass and they stuck with him for 2 seasons. Now they enjoy the rewards

i mean enjoy rewards is relative he still hasnt shown hes a good passer he is surviving of running ability which isn't a super sustainable way of moving the offense hence their record
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:

i mean enjoy rewards is relative he still hasnt shown hes a good passer he is surviving of running ability which isn't a super sustainable way of moving the offense hence their record

There record is because they have the worst D in the league. He has shown he is a good passer. He has completed passes I've only seen Mahomes do.
Originally posted by Jcool:

There record is because they have the worst D in the league. He has shown he is a good passer. He has completed passes I've only seen Mahomes do.

How many Bears games have watched? I watch the bears frequently and have never seen a Mahomes type throw from Fields.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
How many Bears games have watched? I watch the bears frequently and have never seen a Mahomes type throw from Fields.

I live in Chicago. I've seen every game.

I don't watch bears game frequently but I've seen some nice throws
  • evil
  • Veteran

Actually they don't.

Nice. Watch a lot of bears games and can't say I've ever seen a Mahomes type throw from him. Electric runner no doubt. Was actually just taking about this with my buddy who is a bears fan and lives in Lincoln park. He thinks he sucks as a passer
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 24, 2022 at 10:36 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Can we trade Trey for Zach Wilson next year?

Why would they do that after seing what Zach Wilson is made of?

Because I think we could do better with him

If either one of them is the starting QB next season, based on what we have seen so far, I will resign my position as a mod here. Niner Talk would be insufferable.

With the current quality of this roster, this fan base will not tolerate a "learning on the job" QB.
Originally posted by dj43:

If either one of them is the starting QB next season, based on what we have seen so far, I will resign my position as a mod here. Niner Talk would be insufferable.

With the current quality of this roster, this fan base will not tolerate a "learning on the job" QB.

Unfortunately the fan base will have to tolerate a learning on the job QB eventually unless the Niners keep trading for castoffs or signing high priced free agents.

Jimmy is better than Zack, no? Lots of decisions next year.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Nov 24, 2022 at 11:12 AM ]

My condolences 😂
Originally posted by dj43:

You don't think Trey will be our QB next season? Interesting. Let me guess you think it will be Jimmy?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Tman:
Zach Wilson benched lol

More time for book club!

This needed to happen for the rest of the club not to take him out the old school way. Saleh making good moves.

I think that press conference is what did it. You can't complete 9 passes, put up 3 points, and act as if you couldn't have done more.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Starting to look like both Wilson and Mac Jones were busts. Jones probably still carves out an Andy Dalton type career, which is what people should've seen from the very start. But nobody would've drafted Dalton in the early 1st if they knew.

Trey still an incomplete, but flashed really promising signs when he was able to play. Fields still looks like a crap pocket passer, but is running like Lamar Jackson. Lawrence probably gets there eventually, although im skeptical that either him or Fields can truly succeed with the teams they're on.

Overall the 2021 rookie QB class isn't looking as great as it was hyped to be. I still believe Lance can be the best one from that class.
That's a bit harsh being only in their second year. Better judgment would be how they do in their 4th year

Mac Jones been to the playoffs and Zach Wilson is a 5-2 starter and they're bust???

Trey Lance has barely even played due to injuries and hasn't even sniffed a 5-2 record. But he's not a bust??

Homerism at its finest!!!

You know full well Wilson is not the reason for that 5-2 record. People give Jimmy crap for not being the reason we win, but Jimmy isn't a general negative to the team the way Wilson has been. But I think the bigger issue was his attitude after the loss, rather than the performance itself. With that said, it's silly to declare any of these QBs busts.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Mac Jones been to the playoffs and Zach Wilson is a 5-2 starter and they're bust???

Trey Lance has barely even played due to injuries and hasn't even sniffed a 5-2 record. But he's not a bust??

Homerism at its finest!!!

You just pretty much stated why you can't call Trey a bust. He hasn't played much yet. How can he be considered a bust when he hasn't even gotten his chance yet? A bust after 3 games? really?

Mac I don't consider a bust. I just don't consider him that good, His ceilng was always going to be low. This is who he is. Zach Wilson I am more concerned about his attitude than his poor performance right now. He doesn't seem to have much going on upstairs and you need that to be successful.
Share 49ersWebzone