LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Tom Brady, QB retires again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
First, thanks Tom for all the football memories, some annoying as I wanted the 9ers to have such a run. Best of luck in retirement.

Next to the matter at hands, good, now the nonsense can stop. Back to Trey and Brock and development as it should be.

who do the niners put at number two then if Trey is QB1 ? Brocks' injury has to be dealt with caution for about a year IMO.

Jimmy? He seems like such a professional and team guy that if the market isn't what he expects I can see him coming back. My gut tells me he'll end up in Houston with Ryans.
I don't believe it. He will unretire and play with the 49ers.
Tom wanted to play in 2022, just not for the Buccaneers. His last season was wasted on a bad team. It is an accomplishment that they even made the playoffs in 2022.
Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
And our SB window has officially closed. No way we win with Trey Lance or a hindered Brock Purdy next year.

unless by miracle Tom Brady unretires to join us, it's ova.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
He just "retires" to up his bargaining power for more contract $$$$
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol
I maybe wrong, but didn't he also announce his retirement exactly on Feb 1st in 2020 ?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I maybe wrong, but didn't he also announce his retirement exactly on Feb 1st in 2020 ?

What's the chances he pulls off a Brett Favre ? It kind of tarnishes his legacy.

Brady is smart. You know he probably broke every rule and looked into what his options are. He must've gotten a signal from Kyle or Lynch that the 49ers weren't interested.

I can't imagine with all the rumors flying around him uniting with his childhood favorite team with a loaded roster, and somehow he decided no thanks I can't deal with the gruel of another NFL season so Ima call it quits.

He certainly wasn't going back to TB. I'm sure he did his research on us, and when Kyle botched (second time around) he decided to pick up the 38 million dollar yearly salary he'll have at Fox.

once again, Kyle f**ks it up

We all know he will fire up that fax machine in 40 days for the I'm Back fax

Kyle N Brady.
Originally posted by DrEll:
And our SB window has officially closed. No way we win with Trey Lance or a hindered Brock Purdy next year.

Your SB window may have officially closed. The Niners SB window hasn't even begun to close.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DrEll:

Your SB window may have officially closed. The Niners SB window hasn't even begun to close.

One might say, every team that didn't have Brady, their SB window just opened with TB retired.. Tampa, the window has closed.

guy has won more rings than ALL NFL teams

Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Jimmy? He seems like such a professional and team guy that if the market isn't what he expects I can see him coming back. My gut tells me he'll end up in Houston with Ryans.

I expect him to wind up with the Raiders. Jimmy Vegas baby.
Share 49ersWebzone