LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Mannings MNF and Cashing in on Retirement

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think the Manning cast going to start a new era in TV Game casts.

Started with Romos accurate analysis.

I won't be surprised if NFL telecast removes the color commentator and adds two highly football offensive intelligent people to talk about what's happening in the game BUT with the game sound, unlike the Manning show.

We can already see what's happening, we don't need a color guy to tell us. What we do need are a couple of guys talking like NFL fans, but from an Cs and Os perspective.

The Mannings are really cashing in on retirement with those commercials as well.
It's pronounced Minning
Nickeloden started the new concept last year. ESPN made it better
Peyton's getting as much money together so he can buy a piece of the Broncos. I still hope he eventually becomes the commissioner of the NFL
the cast is ok, nothing to write home about, but thats just me.
Cool?
Originally posted by Joecool:

I won't be surprised if NFL telecast removes the color commentator and adds two highly football offensive intelligent people to talk about what's happening in the game BUT with the game sound, unlike the Manning show.

We can already see what's happening, we don't need a color guy to tell us. What we do need are a couple of guys talking like NFL fans, but from an Cs and Os perspective.

The Mannings are really cashing in on retirement with those commercials as well.

Ya that's never gonna happen. You're not taking into account how many casual fans tune it, or even new fans.

And I believe they've already done what you described for the SB and CFP before. I'm assuming they don't do this anymore bc it just wasn't worth since not that many watched.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Ya that's never gonna happen. You're not taking into account how many casual fans tune it, or even new fans.

And I believe they've already done what you described for the SB and CFP before. I'm assuming they don't do this anymore bc it just wasn't worth since not that many watched.

That's why you need smart football guys who can talk like fans as well. That's the golden mix. Like having John Madden's reactions mixed with Tony Romo's brain, but two of them so that there is a conversation dynamic as well.

The color guy's only job is to tell you where the ball is going. We don't need that s**t for a telecast because we are already seeing it live.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 27, 2022 at 9:34 AM ]
What the NFL needs is more excitement in the booth. I'm so tired of listening to these boring pairings (Aikman, Buck) calling huge games and making game winning field goals seem like a golf putt. I think Gus Johnson is the best announcer in the game right now... football is an exciting sport, the people calling the games should invoke that passion.
SIR!

There's ALREADY another thread on this topic with the PROPER spelling , sir.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/195533-the-minning-bros-on-espn/

even if

If only there was a thread for this already.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If only there wis i threid for this alreidy.

ftfy
Share 49ersWebzone