LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Best GMs in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Patriots should be ranked high. The Steelers Id rank high. Rams are tough because if they don't win a Super Bowl they may look epically bad in a few years.

The worst in no particular order:
Raiders, Bengals (getting better), Texans, Jaguars, Jets, Dolphins, NFC East, Falcons, Bears, Lions, Vikings.

The 49ers are about at the midpoint. They did make the Super Bowl and were in position to win it midway through the 4th quarter. Most organizations would consider that a success, but with 5 Championships expectations are higher here.

The draft results have been bizarre. Hitting on late and undrafted players, but mostly failing on first round picks. This team needs some swagger. They currently feel like a group of individuals and not a team.

I remember seeing that Lynch was going to be GM. My first thought was he has the same name as the ex Buc. Then I look it up and see there isn't another Lynch. First time GM and HC was a huge gamble. Add in Shanahan nearly received Belichick like power and you've created a stubborn ego monster HC before he ever coached a game.

Lastly, I'm tired of the injury excuses. The Eagles won a Super Bowl with some major injuries. The Steelers had some rough seasons with injuries and still didn't have a losing season.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Browns and Titans come to mind

Browns have changed GM's 3 times in the past 6-7 years.

Oh that must mean their roster isn't loaded.

that means they don't have the best GM in football lol. It's common sense.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Not Kyle Shanahan.

Wouldn't he have to be GM first?

John Dorsey built up that Browns roster after he had built up the Chiefs roster. People seem to have a problem with his personality but dudes a great talent evaluator. So I'll change it to the Browns used to have a great GM.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Nov 10, 2021 at 9:15 AM ]

John Dorsey built up that Browns roster after he had built up the Chiefs roster. People seem to have a problem with his personality but dudes a great talent evaluator. So I'll change it to the Browns used to have a great GM.

even he made some mistakes with big money too. See Carlos Hyde, OT Hubbard from Pitt was a huge bust. (Gave him a 5 year deal)
He got rid of Jason McCourty for a 6th round selection lo. His 2nd rounder OT Corbett didn't pan out either. Traded him to the Rams for a 5th one year later. 3rd round DE that year too was a bust.
He then kept Hue Jackson for an extra year as HC also. Then went with Freddie Kitchens.
I could argue the OBJ trade backfired on him too.
Jamie Collins was a bust in Cleveland too.

Look at his 2019 draft. One good player from it.

My point is yes, he's done some great things but even he has many misses too. It's not all just lynch & Co f*cking up like every fan here on the zone thinks.

even he made some mistakes with big money too. See Carlos Hyde, OT Hubbard from Pitt was a huge bust. (Gave him a 5 year deal)
He got rid of Jason McCourty for a 6th round selection lo. His 2nd rounder OT Corbett didn't pan out either. Traded him to the Rams for a 5th one year later. 3rd round DE that year too was a bust.
He then kept Hue Jackson for an extra year as HC also. Then went with Freddie Kitchens.

My point is yes, he's done some great things but even he has many misses too. It's not all just lynch & Co f*cking up like every fan here on the zone thinks.

you don't get to miss on every 1st round pick not named Bosa. That's the round you have to be getting right. If Lynch and Co hadn't gotten lucky on some 5th round gems he would have already been s**t canned.

you don't get to miss on every 1st round pick not named Bosa. That's the round you have to be getting right. If Lynch and Co hadn't gotten lucky on some 5th round gems he would have already been s**t canned.

Aiyuk wasn't a miss. Solomon is playing great now too, just for another team. Kinlaw is too soon to tell, and McGlinchey has had some good starting seasons too. Foster was a gamble for sure.
  • dj43
Kevin Colbert of the Steelers, and it isn't really close. 15 years without a losing season. They spend a lot of money on the QB, however, their excellent drafting and FA signings keep them competitive. Two Super Bowls under Colbert. The Fitzpatrick deal has paid dividends as well. The man knows football from top to bottom.
Originally posted by dj43:
Kevin Colbert of the Steelers, and it isn't really close. 15 years without a losing season. They spend a lot of money on the QB, however, their excellent drafting and FA signings keep them competitive. Two Super Bowls under Colbert. The Fitzpatrick deal has paid dividends as well. The man knows football from top to bottom.

yeah he's top 3 for sure. Same with Green Bay.

Aiyuk wasn't a miss. Solomon is playing great now too, just for another team. Kinlaw is too soon to tell, and McGlinchey has had some good starting seasons too. Foster was a gamble for sure.

Solomon is playing How he always has ..... underachieving

lol what?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Solomon is playing How he always has ..... underachieving

this year he has 2 fumbles forced, 2.5 sacks and 6 tackles. Not bad at all.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Not Kyle Shanahan.

(Correct or not) given the power he is said to wield, he is the de facto GM. If that is true that has not worked out well for us.
  • dj43

Gutekunst's dealings with Rodgers and failure to bring in better weapons leaves him out of the discussion with me. The previous regime was one of the best for sure.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Not Kyle Shanahan.

Not Lynch then.
Share 49ersWebzone