LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Top 10 NFL Players of All Time: Who you got?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
There should be a top ten list for fans that are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and older. I'm sure the list would be different the older you are.

100%
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I started watching in 1990 by that time Lott had most of his success in the rearview. I believe he was out of town and a Raider by 1991. Still probably good but I missed his whole career basically Can't say I watched him enough.

Deion I watched his entire career. Best shutdown cover corner of all time. Was lethal with the ball in his hands. Scored 22 touchdowns which is a pretty crazy number for a defensive player.

Your posts are all over the place. You say you cant have Lott because most of his success was in the rearview by 1990, but that doesnt apply to Lawrence Taylor?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I started watching in 1990 by that time Lott had most of his success in the rearview. I believe he was out of town and a Raider by 1991. Still probably good but I missed his whole career basically Can't say I watched him enough.

Deion I watched his entire career. Best shutdown cover corner of all time. Was lethal with the ball in his hands. Scored 22 touchdowns which is a pretty crazy number for a defensive player.

Your posts are all over the place. You say you cant have Lott because most of his success was in the rearview by 1990, but that doesnt apply to Lawrence Taylor?

I think the Giants made an outsided impact on me from the 1990 season. They held us to 7 points in one of the most highly anticipated games of all time. We were 10-1 and they were 10-1 on MNF we won 7-3. Then of course the NFC Championship game. Despite having one of the greatest offenses of all time we just couldn't score. They held Montana and Rice to 20 points in 8 quarters Taylor struck more fear into opposing teams than any other defender of all time that I have seen.

Just going from my own personal experience of watching the game. I imagine everyone has different moments they remember.
I started watching the sport mid 90s, so this is my list from what Ive seen

ray lewis
rodgers
peyton
brady
hines ward
brees
kuechly
wilson
fitzgerald
elway
Originally posted by alwayssecond:

ray lewis
rodgers
peyton
brady
hines ward
brees
kuechly
wilson
fitzgerald
elway

Uhh what
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

ray lewis
rodgers
peyton
brady
hines ward
brees
kuechly
wilson
fitzgerald
elway

Uhh what

Lol
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
There should be a top ten list for fans that are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and older. I'm sure the list would be different the older you are.

Era matters IMO. I know its become an unpopular opinion, but I still have Montana over Brady, because of the era. Brady is coddled by the leagues modern protection rules, which has allowed him to play well into his 40's with minimal injury issues. Montana's back and elbow were wrecked by 1986. If he had been protected and kept healthy he easily would've played into the 00's and had a mastery over defenses.

I get it, Brady has actually done it. But it just doesn't impress me the way it does most people. They're hardly playing the same game now. Steve Young once said Joe was the toughest player he ever played with. To be that small and take the abuse he did and shake it off while accomplishing greatness.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

ray lewis
rodgers
peyton
brady
hines ward
brees
kuechly
wilson
fitzgerald
elway

Uhh what

Lol

he was never even a top 3-5 WR in his era
Originally posted by ritz126:

ray lewis
rodgers
peyton
brady
hines ward
brees
kuechly
wilson
fitzgerald
elway

Uhh what

Lol

Ya, really weird that he included him.
1. Tom Brady
2. Jerry Rice
3. Aaron Rodgers (I think his peak is higher than anyone but you gotta consider longevity)
4. Joe Montana
5. Lawrence Taylor
6. Reggie White
7. Peyton Manning
8. Walter Payton
9. Deion Sanders
10. Steve Young

Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Lawrence Taylor
Charles Haley
Reggie White
Water Payton
Mike Ditka
John Riggins
Ronnie Lott
Larry Allen
Dick Butkus
Forest Gregg

ok that isn't 10, but then I have tried to include more positions than just the sexy ones.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Hines ward baby
Originally posted by ritz126:

ray lewis
rodgers
peyton
brady
hines ward
brees
kuechly
wilson
fitzgerald
elway

Uhh what

Lol

Ya, really weird that he included him.

To be fair Ward would have been an elite KS receiver one of the best blocking receivers in the history of the game. He's not on my list but he's a HOF caliber player. 2 championships including the play of the game in SB 40, 1000 career catches, 12,000 career yards, 85 career TDs, SB MVP.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
If your list doesn't have Walter Payton on it, you just might be a retard.
Originally posted by Deebo:
If your list doesn't have Walter Payton on it, you just might be a retard.

Hey relax man on my list I'm just going with the guys I saw during my time watching football he was before my time. Not doubting his greatness but I can only report on what I saw.
Share 49ersWebzone