There are 174 users in the forums

Top 10 NFL Players of All Time: Who you got?

Shop 49ers game tickets
only the ones I saw:

1- brady

2- ray lewis

3- peyton

4- rodgers

5- rusell wilson

6- marvin harrison

7- julio jones

8- kurt warner

9- von miller

10- polamalu
Just going with who I saw and no more than 1 per position and no QBs. Players in no particular order.

Emmitt
Rice
Reggie White
Lawrence Taylor
Ray Lewis
Deion Sanders
Justin Tucker
Larry Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Devin Hester
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
No order

1. Brady
  2. Rodgers
  3. Montana
  4. Larry Allen
  5. Moss
  6. Rice
  7. Deion
  8. L Taylor
  9. Reggie White
  10. Jim Brown

Rodgers🤔
I can't believe Peyton not getting more love. The way he ran a offense was incredible.
1) Joe Montana
2) Jerry Rice
3) Steve Young
Some of these lists are horrible. Emmitt Smith? Russell Wilson? LOL.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

NFL's all time leading rusher. I watched those battles in the day with Dallas. Emmitt was the flat out best player on those teams, and they were one of the greatest teams of all time. He would play through pain, could run by guys, could run through guys, could catch, could block, could pass protect, the complete package. Barry may have had more highlight reel runs, but Emmitt was the more complete player. Go back to the separated shoulder game Week 17 one of the greatest games ever played.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

NFL's all time leading rusher. I watched those battles in the day with Dallas. Emmitt was the flat out best player on those teams, and they were one of the greatest teams of all time. He would play through pain, could run by guys, could run through guys, could catch, could block, could pass protect, the complete package. Barry may have had more highlight reel runs, but Emmitt was the more complete player. Go back to the separated shoulder game Week 17 one of the greatest games ever played.

"J. Jennings a better version of DK"

Now Emmitt > Barry

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Now Emmitt > Barry

Sanders was quicker and better top speed. Smith was a better receiver, blocker, between the tackles runner, more physical. Take your pick. I pick Emmitt. Best RB I've ever seen. He has the all time RB triple crown of most carries, yards, and touchdowns. He's one of only 2 non-kickers in NFL history with 1000+ points in a career (Rice is the other).
There should be a top ten list for fans that are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and older. I'm sure the list would be different the older you are.

Just going with who I saw and no more than 1 per position and no QBs. Players in no particular order.

Emmitt
Rice
Reggie White
Lawrence Taylor
Ray Lewis
Deion Sanders
Justin Tucker
Larry Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Devin Hester

If you saw guys like Rice and L. Taylor, then you saw Lott. How come Lott isn't on your list? It's not even me being a little biased with Lott being my all-time favorite player...Lott to me was definitely better than D. Sanders when you talk about the secondary. Especially when you talk about the complete package in the secondary...tackling ability, coverage, game-changing playmaking, tone-setting, leadership...
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Emmitt
Rice
Reggie White
Lawrence Taylor
Ray Lewis
Deion Sanders
Justin Tucker
Larry Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Devin Hester

If you saw guys like Rice and L. Taylor, then you saw Lott. How come Lott isn't on your list? It's not even me being a little biased with Lott being my all-time favorite player...Lott to me was definitely better than D. Sanders when you talk about the secondary. Especially when you talk about the complete package in the secondary...tackling ability, coverage, game-changing playmaking, tone-setting, leadership...

I started watching in 1990 by that time Lott had most of his success in the rearview. I believe he was out of town and a Raider by 1991. Still probably good but I missed his whole career basically Can't say I watched him enough.

Deion I watched his entire career. Best shutdown cover corner of all time. Was lethal with the ball in his hands. Scored 22 touchdowns which is a pretty crazy number for a defensive player.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I have a hard time putting an exact ranking on mine, but I feel like each of these on my list did things or accomplished things SO far beyond the label of "superstar" that I feel like the term understates just how incredible each player was in the league. Here's my top 10:

1. Jerry Rice, WR

2. Tom Brady, QB

3. Don Hutson, WR

4. Barry Sanders, RB

5. Jim Brown, RB

6. Joe Montana, QB

7. Lawrence Taylor, LB

8. Reggie White, DE

9. Bruce Smith, DE

10. Deion Sanders, CB

OnTheClock, I'm saying the same to you as to 49erFaithful6: No Ronnie Lott?!!! And D. Sanders over Lott? No way, Lott was definitely better over the duration of his 14-year career when you consider all he did at such a high level in the secondary for so long: tackling ability, coverage, game-changing playmaking, tone-setting, leadership...
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Emmitt
Rice
Reggie White
Lawrence Taylor
Ray Lewis
Deion Sanders
Justin Tucker
Larry Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Devin Hester

I started watching in 1990 by that time Lott had most of his success in the rearview. I believe he was out of town and a Raider by 1991. Still probably good but I missed his whole career basically Can't say I watched him enough.

Deion I watched his entire career. Best shutdown cover corner of all time. Was lethal with the ball in his hands. Scored 22 touchdowns which is a pretty crazy number for a defensive player.

O.k., o.k., you get a pass. There's no doubt about Deion being great, and I was as thrilled as the next Niners fan when they picked him up to help with their last SB win. He was incredible in coverage and making plays in the passing game & punt returns as you mention. Was excellent for 10 years. What didn't do it for me about him was his tackling ability, or lack thereof. That to me is a big part of being an all-time impactful player in the secondary. Lott was second to none in that area all time in the secondary.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Now Emmitt > Barry

I was old enough to start to truly understand what was happening in the mid 80s. I could probably name at least 10 running backs off the top of my head that were more talented than Emmitt Smith. Maybe more.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone