There are 140 users in the forums

Raiders have a player who exited the closet

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CO9er4life:
Didn't we have a player who came out as gay, about 5 yes ago?
The Rams guy, but he didn't make the team
Nassib was a player I wanted to sign nearly every offseason. He's not great but certainly undervalued. Being gay shouldn't be a story but he seems like a guy who genuinely wants to help other people and not just gain attention for it.

I'd rather have 22 gay starters who can play vs 22 starters who can't. Good for him.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's what I thought, I heard people saying Nassib was the first player to come out
[ Edited by CO9er4life on Jun 22, 2021 at 9:45 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's what I thought, I heard people saying Nassib was the first player to come out

Yeah I think his last name was Sam, from Mizzou. That's correct he never made a final roster let alone a starting player. He wasn't really that good Nassib's actually good.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
good for him, hopefully more male athletes just start publicly dating whoever they want without having to make these types of announcements.

Yep i agree. I do not care, i have a very "you do you" mentality.

I do wonder if this would cause some different(or verbiage) clauses in contracts though. No dating players/staff type thing(similar to the cheerleader clauses)

A few reasons, if it is a teammate how explosive it could be in the locker room if it ends badly.
If it is an opposing player all the info they would have access to steal at home.
The pressure to keep a problem player because he is dating your star. (A bruce miller dating joe staley)
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Raiders twitter is killing this guy. Trash fanbase.

Such horses**t . People suck

It's not true. Most people are supporting

Twitter is probably scrubbing the hate.
I actually know Carl & his family really well, this is definitely a surprise but I'm stoked at how the NFL community in general is supportive

You must be referring to Michael Sam, drafted by the Rams in 2014. He couldn't make the final cut. Got picked up by the Cowboys practice squad but was released a month later. In 2015 he participated in a veteran combine, but wasn't picked up by anyone. In 2015 he made his unspectacular CFL debut for Montreal. He then went through a bout of mental difficulties. He officially retired in 2015.

Michael Sam, honestly, didn't have the talent to stay on an NFL PS. I saw the preseason game he played in and he really didn't look very good. He was quite stiff. Didn't really have a burst needed for an EDGE or interior rusher. Routinely he got pushed around. He generally just didn't have what it took to stay in the NFL, in fact, he was over-drafted IMHO.

IN terms of Carl Nassib it remains to be seen how this is gonna play out. He's got real talent, and 5 proven years in the NFL. I believe he just signed an extension, so it's interesting to see how this plays out. I'm curious to see how he's treated in the locker room. Those are reports I'm waiting on.
Originally posted by spizzy:
I actually know Carl & his family really well, this is definitely a surprise but I'm stoked at how the NFL community in general is supportive
i guess you didn't know him that well
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

You must be referring to Michael Sam, drafted by the Rams in 2014. He couldn't make the final cut. Got picked up by the Cowboys practice squad but was released a month later. In 2015 he participated in a veteran combine, but wasn't picked up by anyone. In 2015 he made his unspectacular CFL debut for Montreal. He then went through a bout of mental difficulties. He officially retired in 2015.

Michael Sam, honestly, didn't have the talent to stay on an NFL PS. I saw the preseason game he played in and he really didn't look very good. He was quite stiff. Didn't really have a burst needed for an EDGE or interior rusher. Routinely he got pushed around. He generally just didn't have what it took to stay in the NFL, in fact, he was over-drafted IMHO.

IN terms of Carl Nassib it remains to be seen how this is gonna play out. He's got real talent, and 5 proven years in the NFL. I believe he just signed an extension, so it's interesting to see how this plays out. I'm curious to see how he's treated in the locker room. Those are reports I'm waiting on.

Word on the street was NFL made sure one of the owners drafted him, no matter what, to avoid any controversy.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 22, 2021 at 10:14 AM ]

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Word on the street was NFL made sure one of the owners drafted him, no matter what, to avoid any controversy.

This is true, and I thought is was a disgrace for the NFL to pressure an team to spend a draft pick on a talent-wise undeserving player for PC politics. But I wonder what the NFL will do when/if Carl Nassib begins to experience ostracization in the locker room.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jun 22, 2021 at 10:30 AM ]
not that it matter's , but who on the niners do you guys think could come out as gay ?
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
not that it matter's , but who on the niners do you guys think could come out as gay ?
0, cause there isn't any
Karma that it's a raider player. All the trash they talk about San Francisco and the 49ers and that stigma.

I mentioned it in a text thread I'm on with my raider fan friends and it was crickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by swaccmac1:

Such speculation is neither appropriate nor will it be allowed on this forum.
Share 49ersWebzone