LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Safety Tony Jefferson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by thl408:
Something is up with all these safeties. I think Ryans is thinking up some three safety packages.

Mega Nickel

we have nickel packages, dime packages, mega nickel packages, now introducing the dollar packages

Nickel nickel - 5 safeties
This dude any good?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This dude any good?

He was before the ACL in 2019, he didn't play last yr while recovering.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it worked out for jason. i have not as much confident in tart as others do and i whatever on ward. its always good to have a vet on the team who has a decent nfl resume.. if he makes the team
If healthy, he's easily an upgrade over what we have.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by thl408:
Something is up with all these safeties. I think Ryans is thinking up some three safety packages.

Mega Nickel

we have nickel packages, dime packages, mega nickel packages, now introducing the dollar packages

Huh. With all this talk about inflation I guess this makes sense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
If healthy, he's easily an upgrade over what we have.

i think this is the truth
Would rather have George.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This dude any good?

Define good. He's above average. Clearly not better than what we have in Tartt and Ward but with the health concerns our current tandem he's a solid backup instead of relying on a rookie or Harris.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This dude any good?

Define good. He's above average. Clearly not better than what we have in Tartt and Ward but with the health concerns our current tandem he's a solid backup instead of relying on a rookie or Harris.

when healthy... he is a clear upgrade over tartt in my opinion. tartt is very over rated by some of the fan base in my opinion

This dude any good?

5'10 3/4", 213lbs, 4.75 40 and undrafted......hmmmm wonder how he became good/above average in the league being small slow and unathletic?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This dude any good?

5'10 3/4", 213lbs, 4.75 40 and undrafted......hmmmm wonder how he became good/above average in the league being small slow and unathletic?
So he is the same size as Hufanga just slower?
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
So he is the same size as Hufanga just slower?

Hufangas 4.61 was at a pro day, Jefferson's 4.75 was at the combine that year so likely around the same speed.
Originally posted by cciowa:
This dude any good?

when healthy... he is a clear upgrade over tartt in my opinion. tartt is very over rated by some of the fan base in my opinion

I disagree. I say our fans dislike our safeties more because they follow the team so they know about the lack of "playmaking" from our starters. But the reality is as pass attempts have increased a lot the amount of interceptions has been steadily declining year after year since the beginning of the super bowl era. Our safeties rarely get beaten deep and are not liabilities when tackling after the catch and in a zone defense that's what is asked of them. Would turnovers be good. Hell yes but most if not all QBs can read a safeties drop into coverage by high school especially when they are running C3, C4 and 2 high shells. Not exactly the most complex trap defenses to confuse a QB.
Good pick up. He was a solid player b4 the injury
Share 49ersWebzone