LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Maurice Hurst DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JTB1974:
John taking care the RB and Dline position prior to the draft so it gives him more flexibility at other positions when it comes to the draft. I expect him to draft 2 corners, One being #43. I wouldn't be surprised if he drafts a couple of Linemen also. But right now CB is our biggest need in the draft. As of now if Verrett goes down we are screwed. So I hope we do take a CB at 43 and another one in the 4th or 5th RD. I wouldn't even object to taking one in both the 2nd and 3rd RD.

Thank you. I preach this everyday. Dontae Johnson is our backup. Enough said. Take a cb with our second round pick for sure and I wouldn't mind trading up and getting rid of some of our fifth rounder is to get another third round pick for another corner.
This move is awesome!!! Never thought in a million years we were getting this kid! Loving this offseason!!!!
Our interior DL looking mighty fine! DJ and Kerr should hold down the nose just fine. Hopefully Kinlaw takes that next step plus Hurst! Givens is icing on the cake if he doesn't get locked up
The 49ers amazing off season continues. Its hard to believe that Lynch and Shanny were able to keep all of their key free agents other than Sherman and Hyder and pick up quality players like Gallman, Hurst, Ebukam, and Key. I thinks the first 3 will be solid contributors and hoping Key will as well.

With all these signings it allows the Niners to focus on OL and DB in rounds 2-3-4 in my opinion.
Love the signing hopefully no DT drafted this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The 49ers amazing off season continues. Its hard to believe that Lynch and Shanny were able to keep all of their key free agents other than Sherman and Hyder and pick up quality players like Gallman, Hurst, Ebukam, and Key. I thinks the first 3 will be solid contributors and hoping Key will as well.

With all these signings it allows the Niners to focus on OL and DB in rounds 2-3-4 in my opinion.

I hope they get Richard Sherman back, he's the leader of the defense!!!
How do we keep signing players? Thought we were tight against the cap after Trent Williams
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
How do we keep signing players? Thought we were tight against the cap after Trent Williams

This is exactly why they kept a buffer and didn't go out and sign some other overpriced and overrated players like Casey Hayward.

His cap number doesn't really spike until 2023.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This is exactly why they kept a buffer and didn't go out and sign some other overpriced and overrated players like Casey Hayward.

I know what you mean but Hayward is not overpriced nor overrated. One of the top 10 corners from 2017-2019.

Love the signing but man I would have loved to have drafted Alim McNeill, Levi Onwuzurike, or Milton Williams.

I think we're gonna see a few trade ups. Maybe even end up with like 5-6 draft picks.
Fanbase "Ok John and Kyle why are you guys being so good to us this offseason. What do you want"?

John and Kyle "You will see in a week"
Lol I wanted the 49ers to draft this dude. I was surprised he lasted in the 5 the round. Good signing.

Now if they can sign a RG and a returner....
Originally posted by elguapo:

I know what you mean but Hayward is not overpriced nor overrated. One of the top 10 corners from 2017-2019.

It's 2021 not 2019. His play last year was ass
Originally posted by elguapo:

It's 2021 not 2019. His play last year was ass

I didn't know it's 2021? He had one year where he wasn't great that doesn't mean s**t. Patrick Peterson is still a good corner but his last year's performance was pitiful. Let me guess, were you one of those people that said Sherman was washed out and then the next year he made the pro bowl? Yeah you probably were

That's common sense, but anyways back to Hurst. This is a great signing we have four starting level DTs now
[ Edited by elguapo on Apr 22, 2021 at 5:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone