There are 219 users in the forums

Niners waive LB Nathan "Blueberry" Gerry!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
We signed the worst coverage LB in the league.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
He signed for nothing and can get cut for nothing. Who cares?
Camp body and special teams player. Why anyone is upset we signed this guy is beyond me? The Niners will go into training camp with 90 players and they need to sign guys like Gerry. Nothing to get upset about.
Originally posted by pd24:
Show us

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/145766-49ers-signing-former-eagles-nathan-gerry/
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We need to bring back Craig Dahl and Cassius Marsh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
We need to bring back Craig Dahl and Cassius Marsh

dahl ran a fake punt for a key first down one time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Camp body and special teams player. Why anyone is upset we signed this guy is beyond me? The Niners will go into training camp with 90 players and they need to sign guys like Gerry. Nothing to get upset about.

i get nuts about everything but this is the truth. no big deal. we most likely will get a linebacker in day three. the niners do a fine job overall of drafting and picking linebackers and coaching them
Originally posted by NCommand:

We'll have many problems if he's starting for us. It's a special teams pickup. We need camp bodies. Everyone chill
[ Edited by Niners418 on Mar 28, 2021 at 6:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by NCommand:

We'll have many problems if he's starting for us. It's a special teams pickup. We need camp bodies. Everyone chill

I'm sure the 49ers are well aware of the fact that he's a terrible linebacker at everything else lol. He's Nzeocha's replacement.
these "Details emerge" headlines are getting stupid lol

this isnt some investigative news outlet, we are talking about a linebacker who plays special teams
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Mar 29, 2021 at 10:30 AM ]

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

This.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
these "Details emerge" headlines are getting stupid lol

this isnt some investigative news outlet, we are talking about a linebacker who plays special teams

Mout of them dudes probably never watched Warner in coverage either.
Can he throw the deep ball?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can he throw the deep ball?

Can he punt?
People need to stop complaining, dude is just a ST guy maybe to replace Nzeocha, who would have cost us $1.6M, where this guy would cost $850K, with potential for $137,500 in incentives, that he won't get if they're for defense. Like Tavon Wilson's $87,500 play time incentive. Plus need camp bodies, up to 80/90 spots, we'll be making some cuts soon, maybe right after the draft if we draft more than 10 guys that'd put us over the 90 limit, even unsigned players with tenders and unsigned picks count. But especially after UDFAs are added, those reserve/future guys will be cut, some anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone