There are 171 users in the forums

NFL News Thread-2021 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by dmax:
Patriots signed Newton

Why does that anger you?

You should see how mad he is after he hears these two words....

ARIK ARMSTEAD
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I think most of America is already Amazon prime members. I don't think anyone will be able to outbid Amazon and it's pretty clear they have their foot in the door. Hell they could even start charging per game if you don't want to subscribe. Streaming is the future not some dish that can lose reception if the weather gets bad. Expecting people to have high speed internet I just the modern times tbh

That's real nice buddy, wish you could show some sensitivity to those of us living in a cabin in the middle of the woods.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by dmax:
Patriots signed Newton

Why does that anger you?

You should see how mad he is after he hears these two words....

ARIK ARMSTEAD

i used to get angry with aa. but i guess i have come to accept he and ward are lifers and will never leave
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Brady's contract saves them 19$ million this year lol.

Dude's wife is worth almost half a billion dollars, so he can do that.

Fixed
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think most of America is already Amazon prime members. I don't think anyone will be able to outbid Amazon and it's pretty clear they have their foot in the door. Hell they could even start charging per game if you don't want to subscribe. Streaming is the future not some dish that can lose reception if the weather gets bad. Expecting people to have high speed internet I just the modern times tbh

That's real nice buddy, wish you could show some sensitivity to those of us living in a cabin in the middle of the woods.

Lol sorry. Amazon should also broadcast the games on the old wireless telegrapher (radio) for people who killed someone and are staying off the grid.

Lol sorry. Amazon should also broadcast the games on the old wireless telegrapher (radio) for people who killed someone and are staying off the grid.

Im never have had any major issues with losing my signal on Directv. The few times it happened were only for a minute or so. Unfortunately, my internet is not as reliable. I have Xfinity and it's up and down as far as service goes. Only some areas have fiber and the faster more reliable service.

I would never expect Amazon to do any favors and allow people to view games without signing up for their service. Amazon makes a habit of crushing competition and making huge profits. I think the NFL would still broadcast games on the major networks since not everyone has access to reliable high speed internet.

We'll see what happens but there's that old saying, be careful what you wish for. Like I said, the NFL is going to want to keep that revenue stream that they have been getting from Sunday Ticket. Whoever gets the rights is going to have to charge enough to make up for that . I remember when you used to be able to watch pay per view boxing for $39 or $49. You usually got 3 and sometimes 4 championship bouts. Now they charge $99 and you usually get one major bout and a bunch of prelims. Once Amazon or whoever gets hold of the rights, fans will be at their mercy.

That's all I ask.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Im never have had any major issues with losing my signal on Directv. The few times it happened were only for a minute or so. Unfortunately, my internet is not as reliable. I have Xfinity and it's up and down as far as service goes. Only some areas have fiber and the faster more reliable service.

I would never expect Amazon to do any favors and allow people to view games without signing up for their service. Amazon makes a habit of crushing competition and making huge profits. I think the NFL would still broadcast games on the major networks since not everyone has access to reliable high speed internet.

We'll see what happens but there's that old saying, be careful what you wish for. Like I said, the NFL is going to want to keep that revenue stream that they have been getting from Sunday Ticket. Whoever gets the rights is going to have to charge enough to make up for that . I remember when you used to be able to watch pay per view boxing for $39 or $49. You usually got 3 and sometimes 4 championship bouts. Now they charge $99 and you usually get one major bout and a bunch of prelims. Once Amazon or whoever gets hold of the rights, fans will be at their mercy.

NFL is seeing all the money they are losing cause of people illegally streaming their product. And it's because the younger generation doesn't want to or can't pay the Sunday ticket price. Therefore illegal streams won't stop until they make it more accessible. Though illegal streams did slow down once they made it a felony. And I thought the NFL just gets the revenue from the bid from the start. And it's up to the provider to make that money back for themselves and make a profit.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

If I had my preference, I would like to see the NFL license any streaming or TV service that wants to show the games on a pay per view basis. That would enable them to keep the price down. I'm not sure how they would work that or if it's possible but that would be my preference. Actually, I'm okay with the way it is since I always get some kind of deal on the Ticket. Last year was free. I know it's going to change. I just hope Jeff Bezos doesn't screw us fans.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31052482/sources-kansas-city-chiefs-restructure-qb-patrick-mahomes-contract-save-17m-salary-cap

Brees retires
Packers overpaid for Jones lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Brees retires

That frees up a ton of cap space for the Ain'ts.
Brees retires

think they bring back Winston to backup Hill?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Brees retires

That frees up a ton of cap space for the Ain'ts.

Lol who cares? They're f**ked. Welcome back Paperbag Aints
Share 49ersWebzone