LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Stephon Gilmore, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danielrod1008:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cornerback Stephon Gilmore in particular is worth keeping an eye on, after the rumor mill started working tirelessly as of late. If teams want to lure the league' reigning Defensive Player of the Year from the Patriots, however, they will reportedly have to pay a steep price as ESPN's Dianna Russini reported on Tuesday morning: New England is looking for a first-round draft pick and a player in a potential trade involving Gilmore.

"After speaking with a few GMs around the NFL, I've learned multiple teams who have called the Patriots about Stephon Gilmore were told by New England they want a first round pick and a player in exchange for the 2019 AP Defensive Player of the Year," she revealed via Twitter eight hours before the deadline.

It might not be a first but you're likely going to need to offer at least a second rounder for him.

This was at last yrs trade deadline??

Yes, so that is irrelevant, only has 1 year of control and coming off a torn quad that required surgery. Not sure why that trade for a 1st round pick is relevant this season
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:
We have a better shot at Happy Gilmore

I eat pieces of s**t like you for breakfast
Originally posted by elguapo:

You eat pieces of s**t?
Originally posted by pd24:
Yes, so that is irrelevant, only has 1 year of control and coming off a torn quad that required surgery. Not sure why that trade for a 1st round pick is relevant this season

This trade will not require a 1st rd pick. If that was the case, I would have never posted this
  • thl408
If you trade for him you want to sign him past his current contract. Not cool with giving a 30+ year old CB coming off major injury a multiyear deal unless it's cheap, he won't sign cheap.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by elguapo:

You eat pieces of s**t?

NOOOOOOOOO!

just to be clear.....I was quoting a movie line from Happy Gilmore not saying that towards you. Just in case you reported me. Got a 25% warning I thought that was common knowledge especially after you mentioned Happy Gilmore. Maybe the Mods need to watch happy Gilmore again.
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 19, 2021 at 3:19 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by danielrod1008:
Originally posted by pd24:
Didn't he tear his ACL last season?

Yes he did.
He tore his quad.

So, did he tear his quad or his acl?
Belichek is kinda too smart for his own good at times. Is this guy really available?
pass
Originally posted by English:
A low draft pick.

Cornerback Stephon Gilmore in particular is worth keeping an eye on, after the rumor mill started working tirelessly as of late. If teams want to lure the league' reigning Defensive Player of the Year from the Patriots, however, they will reportedly have to pay a steep price as ESPN's Dianna Russini reported on Tuesday morning: New England is looking for a first-round draft pick and a player in a potential trade involving Gilmore.

"After speaking with a few GMs around the NFL, I've learned multiple teams who have called the Patriots about Stephon Gilmore were told by New England they want a first round pick and a player in exchange for the 2019 AP Defensive Player of the Year," she revealed via Twitter eight hours before the deadline.

It might not be a first but you're likely going to need to offer at least a second rounder for him.

30 years old, last year of contract and coming off a serious injury? Then count me out.

I'd give up a 2022 3d and conditional 2023 4th that could become a 2nd. Dude is coming off an injury
30 years old, last year of contract and coming off a serious injury? Then count me out.

And a predominant man corner coming to a zone defense. I'd rather use that cap room on JV and Juice
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

And a predominant man corner coming to a zone defense. I'd rather use that cap room on JV and Juice

agreed. We complain about SF always being injured yet some what to give up picks for someone that's injured?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
A low draft pick.

Count me out too - don't need another 30 something when we can go younger and cheaper in the draft.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Count me out too - don't need another 30 something when we can go younger and cheaper in the draft.

This could be said across the board. Williams is mid 30s and was not cleared by WFT before being traded. Gilmore would count for around $7 million towards cap and you know that he has proven his skills. Emanuel Sanders and Trent Williams were never signed past the one yr that they were rented. A 3rd rd pick ( comp pick) pretty low cap # for an all pro corner wouldn't be.a bad back up plan. All in on an great LT is going to restrict the development of the team as a whole.
[ Edited by danielrod1008 on Mar 2, 2021 at 6:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone