LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

Isaiah Wilson - OT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like he was the 29th pick in the 2020 draft, and the Titans have soured on him. He's a 6-6 350 pound RT, who has pissed off the GM, and it looks like they want him off the team. Perhaps he could be a buy low option to bring in as a swing T who would have 3 years of cheap control left, and a extra year option (5th year) if he excelled for us. I would kick the tires on this, if Shanahan thinks he could fit the scheme, perhaps we could offer them something like Skule+ 7th round pick, or Coleman for him straight up?

Tomlinson was done with his former team, and we bought low and it has worked out, perhaps having Wilson here to battle McGlinchey for the RT spot, or lord forbid if T. Williams goes else where, Wilson could battle Brunskill for the starting LT spot.
350 lbs is almost always a good indication that an OL is a terrible fit for Kyle's offense.
Maybe he can slide inside and play RG?
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Maybe he can slide inside and play RG?

I would think this would be a much better option and he could always drop 20 or so pounds to get more agile for our zone blocking scheme. I don't think they would give up more than a fourth or fifth rounder at this point
I would totally do a Skule + a 6th or 7th for Wilson, if Shanahan thinks Wilson could start right away at RG, or could be our swing T, with the ability to become a starter at some point.
Hes been a nut job since drafted. This isnt a scheme problem. Multiple run ins with police and going out and partying and getting covid.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Hes been a nut job since drafted. This isnt a scheme problem. Multiple run ins with police and going out and partying and getting covid.

Screws gotta be missin... he ain't finding in SF... leave the guy alone..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
1. Huge red flags for character concerns. He's a walking arrest waiting to happen.
2. He's not an ideal fit for the ZBS that Shanahan runs.
3. Tomlinson was traded due to performance / scheme fit + new GM (Mayhew -> Quinn) wanting to put his stamp on the roster.

I don't see SF remotely interested in him as he's another R. Foster risk.
Don't see us taking a chance on him. Raiders sure will
I dont think football is his first priorty. Until it is i wouldnt touch him.

Miami should bring back Richie Incognito to mentor this kid 😂.
on da cheap,, WTF ???, why not
Miami blew a draft pick on this guy and they must still feel like they came out ahead simply by cutting him.

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, the Dolphins realized this week that it just wasn't going to work with Wilson after he showed up late to take his physical, showed up late to a meeting with the team, and didn't show up for two different workouts he said he would do at the team facility.
This dude is a bigger bust than Garnett already. At least Josh tried.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This dude is a bigger bust than Garnett already. At least Josh tried.
Tried to get back into the buffet line too many times.
Share 49ersWebzone