Originally posted by AsianJeff:

Doing the Bosa with a leap? Sign him!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Doing the Bosa with a leap? Sign him!

Lol EXACTLY!
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I don't think Kyles "type" is as rigid of a definition as some of you think. He wants QBs that can read the defense, have quick release, are accurate at all levels of the field, and can execute the play design. He isn't anti mobility or anti ability to improvise, these are bonuses to him. I don't think someone as smart as him expects the play to never breakdown, so he wouldn't turn down a Wilson or Mahomes type qb. What he doesn't like is when a qb lacks the minimum qualifications I mentioned

I wish I was optimistic like you bro

I don't know how you would call my take "optimistic", it's just statement of facts as we know them. Of course nobody really knows what goes on inside Kyles head but there's no evidence to suggest that he is as rigid as people are making him out to be. He just has some basic qualifications that qbs have to have or potential to have.

There's also no evidence to suggest that Kyle doesn't learn from errors he made in past evaluations (Mahomes)
I don't think Kyles "type" is as rigid of a definition as some of you think. He wants QBs that can read the defense, have quick release, are accurate at all levels of the field, and can execute the play design. He isn't anti mobility or anti ability to improvise, these are bonuses to him. I don't think someone as smart as him expects the play to never breakdown, so he wouldn't turn down a Wilson or Mahomes type qb. What he doesn't like is when a qb lacks the minimum qualifications I mentioned

I don't know how you would call my take "optimistic", it's just statement of facts as we know them. Of course nobody really knows what goes on inside Kyles head but there's no evidence to suggest that he is as rigid as people are making him out to be. He just has some basic qualifications that qbs have to have or potential to have.

There's also no evidence to suggest that Kyle doesn't learn from errors he made in past evaluations (Mahomes)

you are right. There is no evidence that he hasn't adapted. But there's no evidence that he is willing to adapt either.

all we know so far is that he has his preferences for QBs. Cousins, Ryan, Beathard, Garappolo. Pocket passer types. We'll see what happens I guess.

you are right. There is no evidence that he hasn't adapted. But there's no evidence that he is willing to adapt either.

all we know so far is that he has his preferences for QBs. Cousins, Ryan, Beathard, Garappolo. Pocket passer types. We'll see what happens I guess.

Agreed there. And honestly those preferences aren't much out of line with the rest of the league, or at least those in the league that run WCO style systems. Like, I don't think Andy Reid would've considered lamar Jackson

Bouncing like that on our field would be a season ending injury.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bouncing like that on our field would be a season ending injury.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
ugh

Trust me, I feel the same way. I hate how the ball comes out of his hand. It lags through the air.

But Kyle likes them like this.

It does? Do you mind pointing out where you're seeing this.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
ugh

Trust me, I feel the same way. I hate how the ball comes out of his hand. It lags through the air.

But Kyle likes them like this.

LOL I don't see that either. From other scouting reports, analysts have said he doesnt have a strong arm, but hes got good enough zip to go with a nice compact release.

Can totally see him being Shanahans "guy". I like him more than Trask.

It's pretty simple: his throws have very little zip. He's a full-body thrower, meaning he needs to step into every throw to push the ball down the field. Nothing is thrown on a rope. And when I say on a rope, this is what I mean:

Mac Jones kind of reminds me Matt Schaub. And I can totally see Shanny loving him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 2, 2020 at 3:37 PM ]

It's pretty simple: his throws have very little zip. He's a full-body thrower, meaning he needs to step into every throw to push the ball down the field. Nothing is thrown on a rope. And when I say on a rope, this is what I mean:

Mac Jones kind of reminds me Matt Schaub. And I can totally see Shanny loving him.

Which is totally sad. If we're in position to draft Wilson in April (highly probable now), and we pass him up for someone like Jones it's a terrible decision. Wilson is dynamic, Jones isn't.

Literally that's who he reminds me of! Ugh
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Which is totally sad. If we're in position to draft Wilson in April (highly probable now), and we pass him up for someone like Jones it's a terrible decision. Wilson is dynamic, Jones isn't.

I don't hate Mac Jones. He's a mighty fine prospect, and he seems like the type of prospect that can become a "franchise QB."

But I don't see him as the type of prospect that elevates a franchise. The type of player that can singlehandedly carry the team when everything around him is falling apart. I guess it ultimately comes down to whether the organization is even looking for that type of player. My gut tells me no. Kyle wants an extension of himself at QB.
Share 49ersWebzone