There are 282 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
BB may just try to get Jimmy if he loses confidence in Mac Jones and is tired of his antics on the field.

Him tiring of Cam Newtons antics is how Mac got the starting gig in the first place. Certainly possible.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
BB may just try to get Jimmy if he loses confidence in Mac Jones and is tired of his antics on the field.

Him tiring of Cam Newtons antics is how Mac got the starting gig in the first place. Certainly possible.

BB would love a pro's pro like Jimmy G. Our FO office does as well. You never know where a respected pro like JG will end up.
I wanted Mac but ... the maturity concerns seemed real enough for pause.

Now flash forward 2 years or so....dude is not right. He clearly has mental issues.

I personally can over look "one" dirty play, but they keep on coming, combine that with his whiney "the coaches/everyone is wrong" personality...glad we passed on him.

Even if the Pat's are a cluster f**k and the offense is a circus.... I want a leader who bites his tongue and gives his best effort. I don't want to hear about how set up for failure you are...trust me... fans can see the problems, and you tossing gasoline on the issue IS part of the problem.

Dude is seriously becoming unlikable.

I hope the best for the guy, but glad that he is not our problem.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Now flash forward 2 years or so....dude is not right. He clearly has mental issues.

I personally can over look "one" dirty play, but they keep on coming, combine that with his whiney "the coaches/everyone is wrong" personality...glad we passed on him.

Even if the Pat's are a cluster f**k and the offense is a circus.... I want a leader who bites his tongue and gives his best effort. I don't want to hear about how set up for failure you are...trust me... fans can see the problems, and you tossing gasoline on the issue IS part of the problem.

Same, I would have been happy taking him had the team held firm at #12, now it feels a bit like a bullet was dodged.

He acts as if he's never faced adversity in his life, Trevor Lawrence went through a worse situation last year and never threw tantrums or tried to injure other players. Mac's attitude is not good (probably an understatement), and he's not talented enough to overlook it.
[ Edited by Bigfishrider on Dec 30, 2022 at 8:39 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm right there with you Dshearn. I wanted Mac Jones coning outta the draft but dude is a real prick it seems. He needs to get put in check.

Cheap shot low blow
Hitting a defender in the balls
Telling his OC your running plays suck.

s**tty attitude.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm right there with you Dshearn. I wanted Mac Jones coning outta the draft but dude is a real prick it seems. He needs to get put in check.

Cheap shot low blow
Hitting a defender in the balls
Telling his OC your running plays suck.

s**tty attitude.

Seems like someone that can't handle Pressure and Failure. Just lashes out before his conscious tells him its a bad idea.
Originally posted by krizay:

lol what? He just didn't pour gasoline on the fire. Smart move.

Make these journalists do their damn work. Stop giving them layups.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 30, 2022 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

A teammate not throwing a teammate under the bus .

kudos to Burns , not Mckorkle

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

A teammate not throwing a teammate under the bus .

kudos to Burns , not Mckorkle

Burns isn't a teammate, he's a previous victim of Mac's ankle-twisting antics.
Unsurprising how mediocre this guy is. This is the reason Kyle and Lynch didn't want to draft him. He's the ultimate "high floor low ceiling" prospect it seems. I just wonder where the Mac Jones trolls went?

Lol
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Unsurprising how mediocre this guy is. This is the reason Kyle and Lynch didn't want to draft him. He's the ultimate "high floor low ceiling" prospect it seems. I just wonder where the Mac Jones trolls went?

I watch a lot of their games, besides Borne who they almost refuse to play he has nobody to throw too.

The Pats are s**t on offensive threats.... and Jones has talent that is plain as day.

The problem is the dude is straight up Cancer... the dude is entitled as hell and there is no way his teammates like him.

He has absolutely the worst possible personality for a QB. You can tolerate a little Diva from a truly rare CB or WR.... but a done absolutely nothing QB?

Dropping Mac Jones onto this 49ers roster would have been great for the offense, but cancer for the team...just look how he acts with one hand me down Pro-bowl that no one else really wanted.

What would he be like if he was putting up actual NFL production year in and year out?

Personally I was kind of impressed with his don't give an inch with Saban stories thinking ok good accountability....dude I could not have been more wrong..... just watch the guy on the side lines, it reminds me of my daughter when she was 4 and spoiled.

Dude actually reminds of a whiny, bratty, toddler. I dunno, I just really can't stand that personality type. Glad he is not our problem.

Agree, this dude just gave a masterclass in how to handle it.
Share 49ersWebzone