LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Jones needs to work on his accuracy. Very inconsistent.

I think he'll be just fine. Not something he has to try and "learn"

Clearly it is something he needs to learn or he wouldn't have airmailed several passes already this game.
Dude was 67% last season as a rookie. His accuracy is fine. Lol at taking a few first throws as a tell all
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 19, 2022 at 4:57 PM ]
Fat jones was better
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Dude was 67% last season as a rookie. His accuracy is fine. Lol at taking a few first throws as a tell all

Clearly it is not fine or he wouldn't have airmailed several passes already this game.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
That deep ball was a dime though. Mac throws a really accurate deep ball. It might be the best thing about him as a QB.

The thing is he has to put alot of air under it which does give the defender a chance to close the gap. I look back at that playoff game vs the Bills where the safety made a great int in the endzone on a Mac throw but if Mac throws it more on a line, The safety wouldn't have had the time to get over there. In College it didn't matter because all his receivers had 10 yards of space.

Clearly it is not fine or he wouldn't have airmailed several passes already this game.

Lol so dumb. It was his first passes. The ridiculousness of judging a guy off of first preseason passes lololol instead of a full season.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 19, 2022 at 5:04 PM ]
Preseason shouldn't be used to gauge much (good or bad). Mac will be fine, just a bit rusty
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The thing is he has to put alot of air under it which does give the defender a chance to close the gap. I look back at that playoff game vs the Bills where the safety made a great int in the endzone on a Mac throw but if Mac throws it more on a line, The safety wouldn't have had the time to get over there. In College it didn't matter because all his receivers had 10 yards of space.

As JTO pointed out in his breakdown. Mac's problem on that play is he pump faked that direction and brought that safety in play. He said there was no need to pump fake because the defender had his back turned to him. All that pump did was literally take to safety to the ball. So the problem wasn't the pass. It was not holding the safety from getting over there.
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 19, 2022 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Preseason shouldn't be used to gauge much (good or bad). Mac will be fine, just a bit rusty
he shouldn't be rusty tho

• krizay
  • Veteran
Lol so dumb. It was his first passes. The ridiculousness of judging a guy off of first preseason passes lololol instead of a full season.

oh, he's just giving Mac the same thing Trey has been receiving.

I'm not going to make too much of it. One bad performance in the preseason isn't going to ruin his season. He does clearly need to work on his accuracy though. It's a real problem. Hopefully it'll get better as he gets reps.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 19, 2022 at 5:08 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm not going to make too much of it. One bad performance in the preseason isn't going to ruin his season. He does clearly need to work on his accuracy though. It's a real problem.

He apparently was too busy working on his scrambling ability.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
That deep ball was a dime though. Mac throws a really accurate deep ball. It might be the best thing about him as a QB.

The Bills game a whole wasn't a good game for him. I don't think having a lot of air under a deep ball Is really a bad thing as long as you are hitting guys in stride. I get what you are saying that it can sometimes allow DBs to catch up. But sometimes it can be beneficial to have air under a ball vs throwing a deep ball on a line.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for MucketyMuck.

I'm not going to make too much of it. One bad performance in the preseason isn't going to ruin his season. He does clearly need to work on his accuracy though. It's a real problem.

Based on 2 throws not his 67% completion percentage. The second best of any rookie ever.
Share 49ersWebzone