Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What is the goat up to these days?

According to PFF, getting drafted by the Niners at #3 in 21 redraft! I can't believe people write such drivel.

Yeah, that's silly. They should have stayed at 12 and drafted him.

Sort of destroys their credibility. Next year when they redo the 2021 draft, it's going to look similar for us after the Jags take Trey and they stick us with Mac, again.

PFF lost their credibility long ago as far as I'm concerned. Their ratings of players and position groups often seem way off to me. Now I see that they have the 49ers roster ranked 13th. I'm not sure what criteria they use when they do this stuff.

I'd say 13th is pretty good for a team with a questionmark at qb. Not to mention the entire o line is a questionmark outside of TW If Trey was a proven starter and our Center didn't just retire they'd probably be in the 5.

Oh come on. With the strength of the rest of the roster, with Trey as a proven starter and a good starting center we would be in the top 3.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What is the goat up to these days?

According to PFF, getting drafted by the Niners at #3 in 21 redraft! I can't believe people write such drivel.

Yeah, that's silly. They should have stayed at 12 and drafted him.

Sort of destroys their credibility. Next year when they redo the 2021 draft, it's going to look similar for us after the Jags take Trey and they stick us with Mac, again.

PFF lost their credibility long ago as far as I'm concerned. Their ratings of players and position groups often seem way off to me. Now I see that they have the 49ers roster ranked 13th. I'm not sure what criteria they use when they do this stuff.

I'd say 13th is pretty good for a team with a questionmark at qb. Not to mention the entire o line is a questionmark outside of TW If Trey was a proven starter and our Center didn't just retire they'd probably be in the 5.

Oh come on. With the strength of the rest of the roster, with Trey as a proven starter and a good starting center we would be in the top 3.

Are we talking team rankings?

Bills
Chiefs
Ravens
49ers
Bucs
Rams

Top 6 imo.. in no particular order..

After that I like Eagles, Colts, Pats. Hard to count out Pats they have Belichick.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jul 1, 2022 at 10:34 AM ]

Mac looking stronk!!
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Mac looking stronk!!

Lol Kap
Dude looks like he lost 5lbs just off his face alone.

Mac looking stronk!!

I still think that was one of the dumbest criticisms of a pocket passer. You only have so much time in the day, i would rather a young QB work on his mind than a 6 pack.

If it is enough for him to run a no huddle offense with some 10 yard scrambles mixed in, it is fine.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Mac looking stronk!!

I still think that was one of the dumbest criticisms of a pocket passer. You only have so much time in the day, i would rather a young QB work on his mind than a 6 pack.

If it is enough for him to run a no huddle offense with some 10 yard scrambles mixed in, it is fine.

who said he's not doing both?
Originally posted by NinerInCT:
who said he's not doing both?
His combine photos say he was not doing both.

I do not think a student athlete can if they are legit students.
The amount of time and effort to get/keep a WR physique is significant.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Jul 5, 2022 at 7:00 AM ]
He on that mac n cheese diet.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
He on that mac n cheese diet.

With a little choking here and there

Mac Jones has a man coverage problem by Alex Rollins
Originally posted by rorrim:
Mac Jones has a man coverage problem by Alex Rollins

A pretty fair breakdown. Can make plays if he has elite playmakers or everything is working. Once it's not however he's lost.

Good luck with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge Mac
This will be an interesting year for Mac Jones, and for trends.

I have always been a "sit a year" guy when it comes to QBs. First pick in the draft, sit the dude. Primarily because once the grace period wears off, there is no putting the bad press back in the box. Bad play, and bad press put QBs out of the NFL. Getting picked high in the draft and stinking seldom works out in the NFL. Bill Walsh referenced this often with Steve Young, it just makes sense to give the face of the franchise as many tools to work with as possible.

Trey got to sit, Mac had to start.

Then we look at the Change of OC. Defensive Coach versus Offensive coach. We watched Nolan destroy Alex Smith right before our eyes, and watched Rodgers have continuity in his career until he was a very solid vet.

Smith had less pressure and was more mature, both in a professional sense and life choices then Mac is. Alot of us thought that changing OCs would crater Smith (and got murdered for saying as much.) That is before you add in expectations... Mac has NE levels of pressure. That is a team that has not missed the playoffs consistently in a very long time. It will be very interesting to watch how Mac adapts to an OC change.

Maybe Belichick's long tenor in the NFL will stabilize the team, and it will not be an issue... but if I was a NE fan I would be worried.

I don't know what is going to happen and I hope Mac does well, but from my 40 or so years of watching the NFL, Mac is going to have to beat the odds. I would much.... MUCH rather be in Trey Lances' shoes.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Mac looking stronk!!

Looks ready for the start of Little League.
Share 49ersWebzone