There are 249 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by evil:
Didn't they add Devante Parker and draft a receiver in round 2?

The 2nd round WR was a reach. But to answer your question yes

I hate that term. To the pundits and what not, sure maybe a "reach" but if the Pats had him graded as a late second round talent then in their building he isn't. I am of the belief only 32 draft boards matter and we don't get access to those boards.
Originally posted by krizay:
Didn't they add Devante Parker and draft a receiver in round 2?

The 2nd round WR was a reach. But to answer your question yes

I hate that term. To the pundits and what not, sure maybe a "reach" but if the Pats had him graded as a late second round talent then in their building he isn't. I am of the belief only 32 draft boards matter and we don't get access to those boards.

I don't know much about the receiver other than he pulled of a 4.28 40. That alone probably put him in first round ballpark on some boards.. good fit with Parker who is a big body.. now have some size and some speed.
What is the goat up to these days?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

According to PFF, getting drafted by the Niners at #3 in 21 redraft! I can't believe people write such drivel.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by English:

According to PFF, getting drafted by the Niners at #3 in 21 redraft! I can't believe people write such drivel.

Yeah, that's silly. They should have stayed at 12 and drafted him.
Originally posted by SoCold:

Sort of destroys their credibility. Next year when they redo the 2021 draft, it's going to look similar for us after the Jags take Trey and they stick us with Mac, again.

Would have been interesting if we stayed at 12.. drafted Parsons.. and this offseason.. get Baker Mayfield for dirt cheap.. keep all our ones..

I bet KS would have worked well with Baker. Browns would probably take a 5th at this point. Essentially free.. just have to agree on an extension.. and coming off his last year, a down season.. the extension would be reasonably priced.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Would have been interesting if we stayed at 12.. drafted Parsons.. and this offseason.. get Baker Mayfield for dirt cheap.. keep all our ones..

I bet KS would have worked well with Baker. Browns would probably take a 5th at this point. Essentially free.. just have to agree on an extension.. and coming off his last year, a down season.. the extension would be reasonably priced.

Baker would give us less than Jimmy does, especially with his abysmal leadership. It wouldn't be an upgrade and we would be exactly where we have been… just not good enough to win the big one.

I've said it a million times that I think highly of JG but I also love the fact that our organization took a swing for the fences with trying to get a top QB in this league
Originally posted by tankle104:

Baker would give us less than Jimmy does, especially with his abysmal leadership. It wouldn't be an upgrade and we would be exactly where we have been… just not good enough to win the big one.

I've said it a million times that I think highly of JG but I also love the fact that our organization took a swing for the fences with trying to get a top QB in this league

He's better than JG. Can stay on the field, younger, higher rated prospect, etc.

Don't get me wrong I like TL and get the rational.. just wonder if the rational would have changed had the org known they could have Matt Ryan for a 3rd.. Baker for even less..

QBs got pretty cheap this offseason, not all of them, but quite a few are going dirt cheap.. good QBs..
He's better than JG. Can stay on the field, younger, higher rated prospect, etc.

Don't get me wrong I like TL and get the rational.. just wonder if the rational would have changed had the org known they could have Matt Ryan for a 3rd.. Baker for even less..

QBs got pretty cheap this offseason, not all of them, but quite a few are going dirt cheap.. good QBs..

If Trey pans out we are talking about this teams SB window being the next 10+ years. You don't get that with Ryan or Baker.

I disagree but that's okay. I am tired of mediocre QB play that isn't good enough to win it all. Tired of having to have your team perfect in all aspects to have a chance to win it all.

i wouldn't be excited at all if Ryan or Baker was our QB.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

If Trey pans out we are talking about this teams SB window being the next 10+ years. You don't get that with Ryan or Baker.

Or guys like Mac. They are too limited talent wise. Unless they have the football IQ of a Brady or Manning, their ceiling is low. And u can't measure football IQ, it's a possibility Mac has that I suppose...
Originally posted by tankle104:

I disagree but that's okay. I am tired of mediocre QB play that isn't good enough to win it all. Tired of having to have your team perfect in all aspects to have a chance to win it all.

i wouldn't be excited at all if Ryan or Baker was our QB.

Mac at 12 I admit is interesting.. keeping all other ones.. gonna be fascinating to see how it all plays out.. will need a few years to see the outcome..
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Sort of destroys their credibility. Next year when they redo the 2021 draft, it's going to look similar for us after the Jags take Trey and they stick us with Mac, again.

PFF lost their credibility long ago as far as I'm concerned. Their ratings of players and position groups often seem way off to me. Now I see that they have the 49ers roster ranked 13th. I'm not sure what criteria they use when they do this stuff.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

PFF lost their credibility long ago as far as I'm concerned. Their ratings of players and position groups often seem way off to me. Now I see that they have the 49ers roster ranked 13th. I'm not sure what criteria they use when they do this stuff.

I'd say 13th is pretty good for a team with a questionmark at qb. Not to mention the entire o line is a questionmark outside of TW If Trey was a proven starter and our Center didn't just retire they'd probably be in the 5.
Share 49ersWebzone