LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by krizay:
The Houston game the 9ers only had 3 points up until 5:51ish left in the 3rd. The Bills Game the Pats had 3 points until 4:11 in the 3rd. One was playing the #1 ranked defense and against a juggernaut offense. The other had a juggernaut offense and a top 5 defense.

Uhhhh, ok? I thought we were talking about Mac Jones? If you want to talk about trey, take it to that thread
lol dude making all the excuses. bad takes make it worse
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol dude making all the excuses. bad takes make it worse

The Houston game the 9ers only had 3 points up until 5:51ish left in the 3rd. The Bills Game the Pats had 3 points until 4:11 in the 3rd. One was playing the #1 ranked defense and against a juggernaut offense. The other had a juggernaut offense and a top 5 defense.

Uhhhh, ok? I thought we were talking about Mac Jones? If you want to talk about trey, take it to that thread

Is this a 49ers forum or.....??
While you say it's like for like it's not apples to apples. Though no real QB comparison ever really is. Still doesn't change the fact that you are entitled to your guess.

Sure. Just like you are entitled to root for Treys failure and Macs success so you can be right and rub it everyones face like you are hoping for.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Sure. Just like you are entitled to root for Treys failure and Macs success so you can be right and rub it everyones face like you are hoping for.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to what I've posted.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Im of the belief that as long as he's with Kyle he'll be good. Ala McNabb with Reid. His good will be different than JG's good. Remains to be seen how all that works.

The problem onthis board is you aren't allowed to be in the middle. You have to either LOVE a player or you're a hater.

My "Doc" comment isn't me rooting for Trey to fail. It's my expectations are lower than others. Which will undoubtedly lead to "excuses and "bad takes".

Me rooting for Mac truly has no bearing on my expectations of Trey. I'm not going to change my view of the player just because he's a 9er.
Originally posted by random49er:
Is this a 49ers forum or.....??

?

This isn't a thread about a Niner or even a sub forum about it. Not sure why someone randomly brings up trey when we weren't discussing trey.

I guess whataboutism as a form of defending a crummy performance?
Why are some Niner fans obsessed with Mac Jones? He doesn't even play in our conference. They aren't on our schedule and not a threat to go to the SB.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
?

This isn't a thread about a Niner or even a sub forum about it. Not sure why someone randomly brings up trey when we weren't discussing trey.

I guess whataboutism as a form of defending a crummy performance?

Says the guy who brought up Baker Mayfield
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Why are some Niner fans obsessed with Mac Jones? He doesn't even play in our conference. They aren't on our schedule and not a threat to go to the SB.

Many are desperate to be right... As if that means anything.

I feel bad for Mac. He's getting Alex smith'd coaching wise and they've given him nothing added with regards to receiver. There is no arguing the pats got worse and everyone else in their division got better. Tall task ahead for Mac. He will have to make drastic leaps from his rookie year to carry the load.

Started during the draft process with a guy from alabama, insert another guy from new york... add a couple other's opinions vs those that for some reason attach emotions to draft prospects for the "I told you so's" and boom you have this thread.

What we really need is that after year 1... put up a poll with who everyone has comped him as along with their names. Is he the next Drewsipher Brees, or meticulous Mr. Brady... or is he a 1st round playoff QB type who cant elevate like Pennington 2.0 or Captain checkdown Smith. Or does the league figure him out and turn him into a decently careered backup QB like Keenum, Beck, Dalton, Derek Anderson, Maddox, Batch, Banks, Griffin III, Taylor, the Smiths, the Johnsons etc.

He's got the talent to stay in the league for awhile... but at what capacity is the true debate.
Im of the belief that as long as he's with Kyle he'll be good. Ala McNabb with Reid. His good will be different than JG's good. Remains to be seen how all that works.

The problem onthis board is you aren't allowed to be in the middle. You have to either LOVE a player or you're a hater.

My "Doc" comment isn't me rooting for Trey to fail. It's my expectations are lower than others. Which will undoubtedly lead to "excuses and "bad takes".

Me rooting for Mac truly has no bearing on my expectations of Trey. I'm not going to change my view of the player just because he's a 9er.

I didn't say you were a hater. But you are CLEARLY rooting for Trey to fail like many others. When you try to compare a guys 2nd start to a players 18th you aren't objective anymore and have a agenda. Simple.

Mac will lucky to be the 10th or so best QB in the AFC. But if we succeeds and is the next Tom Brady I really don't care because he's not a 9er. Why anyone roots for success for a QB on another NFL team makes zero sense to me. Especially the biggest PoS team in the league that deserves nothing but failure for their entitled fanbase for the next two decades.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jun 17, 2022 at 9:58 PM ]

I feel bad for Mac. He's getting Alex smith'd coaching wise and they've given him nothing added with regards to receiver. There is no arguing the pats got worse and everyone else in their division got better. Tall task ahead for Mac. He will have to make drastic leaps from his rookie year to carry the load.

1000% what it is.

Yeah I, don't get this either. I was on the Mac Jones train when it was draft time, but the 49ers didn't pick him they went with Trey, so thats who im supporting 100%.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Didn't they add Devante Parker and draft a receiver in round 2?
Share 49ersWebzone