LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Joe Buck says crowd noise will be pumped into empty NFL stadiums.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
They just want noise? Why not just amplify Joe Buck's "commentary"?

Mitchell..Mitchell..Mitchell.... Can you Imagen
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wouldn't mind just hearing the sounds from the field but it could be a problem for the censors. Lot's of bad language during a game and hearing the agonizing groans from players that get hurt might offend some people. Not sure I would have enjoyed hearing Alex Smith scream and the sound of that leg breaking.

I remember how you could clearly hear Bryant Young's screams when he injured his leg in the late 90's. And that was with a crowd, although they were pretty silent when they realized what was going on.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wouldn't mind just hearing the sounds from the field but it could be a problem for the censors. Lot's of bad language during a game and hearing the agonizing groans from players that get hurt might offend some people. Not sure I would have enjoyed hearing Alex Smith scream and the sound of that leg breaking.

I remember how you could clearly hear Bryant Young's screams when he injured his leg in the late 90's. And that was with a crowd, although they were pretty silent when they realized what was going on.

And Staley's screams when he wasn't injured
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont see why everyone is against this.

I would be kind of boring watching a silent game with joe buck as the commentator

Still havent heard a legitimate logical reason why people would be against this.
Originally posted by Since07:
I dont see why everyone is against this.

I would be kind of boring watching a silent game with joe buck as the commentator

Still havent heard a legitimate logical reason why people would be against this.

how would the empty seats feel about this? Noise just blasted in their faces... Ever think of that?

3rd down's are going to be really anti-climactic without the crowds energy.

South Korean soccer match, yes those are sex dolls in the stands.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
All pro sports are dependent on fans rooting or booing for their teams. Fans are a major part of the equation as much as the players.

Going to be like a TV sitcom with recorded laugh-tracks.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

South Korean soccer match, yes those are sex dolls in the stands.

hey, where can i buy one like the one in the white t-shirt? go ahead and sign me up for 2 of them, i will pm you my crdit card info!!!

• Happs
  • Veteran
The European Soccer Leagues have restarted and they are not pumping in crowd noise to the stadiums. You hear crowd noise when watching on TV because the crowd noise is only pumped through the TV and not into the stadium itself. This seems like the logical solution as team should not get to create it's own advantage on defense at home. What if a team were down 21 points and blasted the crowd noise. In real life, that crowd would be disengaged and silent.

Also, on the soccer, you can logon to the broadcaster apps and watch without the artificial crowd noise which is great because you can hear the players communicate. Since it's on the App and not broadcast TV, language is not an issue. Would like to see the NFL go this route.
Originally posted by Happs:
The European Soccer Leagues have restarted and they are not pumping in crowd noise to the stadiums. You hear crowd noise when watching on TV because the crowd noise is only pumped through the TV and not into the stadium itself. This seems like the logical solution as team should not get to create it's own advantage on defense at home. What if a team were down 21 points and blasted the crowd noise. In real life, that crowd would be disengaged and silent.

Also, on the soccer, you can logon to the broadcaster apps and watch without the artificial crowd noise which is great because you can hear the players communicate. Since it's on the App and not broadcast TV, language is not an issue. Would like to see the NFL go this route.

Soccer is doing it better.

I think it will be just fine without any fake noise. Would be nice to be able to hear the player chatter and the clattering of the pads.

Honestly would make it feel like we are on the sidelines without the crowd noise.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Happs:

Soccer is doing it better.

I think it will be just fine without any fake noise. Would be nice to be able to hear the player chatter and the clattering of the pads.

Honestly would make it feel like we are on the sidelines without the crowd noise.

To add to that.. I always thought the NFL was missing an opportunity to put cameras on the helmets so people could watch the game through the lens of their favorite player
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by English:
They just want noise? Why not just amplify Joe Buck's "commentary"?

Mitchell..Mitchell..Mitchell.... Can you Imagen

2002 NFC Title game, I remember this lol
Share 49ersWebzone