LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Who wins between Seahawks Legion of Boom and Chiefs Legion of Zoom?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who wins between Seahawks Legion of Boom and Chiefs Legion of Zoom?

Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Wilson wasnt Wilson during the LOB days. He was good, but he wasnt what he is now. If you take this version of the Chiefs and that version of the Seahawks, the Chiefs have a massive advantage at QB.

That's nonsense. Wilson's threat to scramble and run (and use of it) + Lynch's ability to run, + the legion of boom beat the Chiefs. NOBODY passed on that defense or were immune for their penchant of the turnover.

Its not nonsense though. Even the biggest Seahawks homer will tell you Wilson wasnt the same QB around 2013 that he is now.

I mean you certainly hope a QB is better in year 7 than year 2 of their career. Now if you were to ask me is it 10x better because that's the salary difference, the answer is absolutely not. But it is what it is.

Well right that's my point. I never said who I think would win in this hypothetical game. I simply said if you are comparing Mahomes of today to Wilson 7 years ago, this is a massive advantage to KC.

If you compare Wilson of today to Mahomes of today, that's a totally different argument, and not what this thread is about.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Feb 5, 2020 at 3:19 PM ]
If the Legion of Boom was itself and sat back in stock Cover 3 all day the Chiefs offense of 2020 would rip them to shreds.

But if the Legion of Boom wasn't doing what it did and was instead doing what team do to combat offense likes the Chiefs (incorporating in more quarters, man, disguised coverages, pattern matching etc.) would they still be the Legion of Boom?

There's been too many innovations in the passing game since 2012 to make this possible to answer.

All that said, if we compare them two historically within the context of when they were dominating, the Legion of Boom was definitely more historically dominant in its moment than the Legion of Zoom is right now, IMO.
yo wtf is this.
Unfortunately i think that seattle team from 2013-2015 was pretty much unstoppable.

What made them so good was that damn secondary, something that our defense lacks.

If we had a guy like ET in our defense, we'd be so much better. Kam Chance was a hitter, he gave offenses something to fear

So i'd say LOB would have won this game no problem.
Our D kept the Chiefs in check almost all game. It was only when our D stopped pressuring Mahomes is when we fell apart. That LOB team could keep pressure up all game and gets timely turnovers (which I used to hate about them).

LOB > Chiefs
Smaller, shifty WRs with speed was the Legion of Boom's weakness. They would have no answer for Tyreek Hill. It would look a lot like this but worse:

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 3, 2020 at 11:06 AM ]
The Chiefs score 31 and gave up 20 this year. It's not like they were juggernauts on offense or defense and could easily have lost in the SB this year if one play or one call went the other way. This shouldn't even be a debatable question.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Smaller, shifty WRs with speed was the Legion of Boom's weakness. They would have no answer for Tyreek Hill. It would look a lot like this but worse:

I think people under estimate this. Speed was their weakness. And nobody is faster in NFL history than the Legion of Zoom. Everybody runs a 4.2. Tyreek Hill runs a 3.9 in game speed. I don't think Seattle could cover them. Especially with Mahomes throwing dimes all day long with his perfect arm from the Gods.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Heroism:

I think people under estimate this. Speed was their weakness. And nobody is faster in NFL history than the Legion of Zoom. Everybody runs a 4.2. Tyreek Hill runs a 3.9 in game speed. I don't think Seattle could cover them. Especially with Mahomes throwing dimes all day long with his perfect arm from the Gods.

A regular season game isn't close to the same intensity and what refs will allow in a SB game. If it's 2013, they will just hold all day. Sherman in his prime isn't getting beat by Watkins .
The Hawks without question.

A lot of seahawks thread on here. This fanbase is envious.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Ikr. Envious of their one Superbowl win
Originally posted by Sickaa:

more like Envious of what their defense was.

They've had our number even during our good years with Harbaugh.

I think Alex Smith won in 2011 in seattle, We beat Seattle at home i believe in 2012 2013. but they beat us in the playoffs.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

I think 49ers Defense and running game won in 2011 in seattle, We beat Seattle at home i believe in 2012 2013. but they beat us in the playoffs.

Fixed.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

I think 49ers Defense and running game won in 2011 in seattle, We beat Seattle at home i believe in 2012 2013. but they beat us in the playoffs.

Fixed.

LOL just saying, he was the last QB to win in seattle before this past season.
Share 49ersWebzone