There are 237 users in the forums

Lets be real, why I am done with the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm realizing each season that the object is to keep us watching and making sure the refs follow a script to keep it as close as possible. But, I'm stupid like the rest of you guys, I keep watching every year. If the 49ers had won I would have said the refs did a good job.
At least i feel better knowing jimmy overthrew Sanders b/c of the refs.
Please stop with this. We were up by ten points with 7 minutes to go and we blew it. I'm sure we got away with a few holding calls as well.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Lol this

Or our HC abandoned the run game in 4th bc of the refs.

Take the loss - learn from it and come back stronger. Stop whining about refs.
Yeah, we choked. The handling of the end of the 1st = Choke. Letting Mahomes scramble for 16 yards on 3 and 15= choke. Two plays later PI dude choked. Might as well call Jimmy missing Sanders for the win a Choke.. they just choked.
Goodbye. Close the door on your way out.
Its a game. The game was there for the taking. We didnt execute, they did. Losing like that is frustrating and stings like a b#%$H but there is no ref conspiracy. Posts like this make us sound like dallas fans crying about Irving being held for reason they lost.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Lol we lost because Kyle forgot to run once again
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
LETS make this easy.... even easier..

What was the reason behind Coleman starting and Mostert did not get the CARRIES that everyone BELIEVED that he should have gotten???
I don't think there was a conspiracy. The refs let them play, which should be expected it's the SB, minus the Kittle play. But we win if they let that go and that was a bs call there.

Did anyone hear the joy in Joe Bucks voice when he said "Goodbye San Fran" or whatever after the score went to 31-20? Nobody I mean nobody wanted us winning that game yesterday.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Feb 3, 2020 at 7:55 AM ]
The nfl is locked in with the corporations, so now it has to make things happen instead of letting things happen.

Mahomes is the new face of the nfl. He's the nfl's Michael Jordan. So they had to build the chosen one, and couldn't let us change destiny.

Brady out, Mahomes in.
Originally posted by SuperFreak:
Lets be real, if the NFL was decided by play on the field and there was non-calls 99% of the time like it was when I was growing up, I would be fine with whatever happened. But when there is so many calls in clutch situations for one team and not for another team it seems like the NFL or at least the refs are picking who wins and who loses.

While I think there was still plenty on the 49ers coaches in particular Kyle for his play calling in the 4th the refs decisions played a big role in this game. The OPI on Kittle in the 2nd is a excellent example. While that it is OPI but the letter of the law, the amount of time that is called in the playoffs let alone the regular season is minuscule.

The missing of offside penalties is huge to me. This is not something that should ever be missed because it's right there in the refs face undeniable and the missing of a hit to the head penalty that would be called 99% of the time in the regular season. There is no reason this should be a non-call, none. There is a ref standing in position that has the job of making those calls and to miss that call means they are worthless. These are supposed to be the best refs in the league and they can't make a in your face obvious call then what good are they?

How many times did the defense get held during the game? I can't count that high to be honest, but they never seemed to throw a flag.

Simple fact is I am done giving the NFL my time and attention including my beloved 49ers (which I have been of a fan of for 30+ years) until the NFL fixes the reffing situation. Until I know the game is about the play on the field and not the zebras why should I care?

Simple fact is in a game of inches when the refs can continue drives and there is no recourse to keep things consistent I don't know why I should devote the time and energy to keep being a fan of the team I love. I never thought I would say something like this, I have been through so many heartaches like the throw to Crabtree, or the missed field goal against the Giants. But the difference is I always felt in those situations like the team let me down, in this situation I felt like the refs decided who was going to get the calls and that decided it.

Either the NFL goes to a less flag happy ref system and lets people play, or they get refs that don't miss calls and make decisions. I am sick and tired of things being up to the interpretation of a human and not who makes the play.

I cannot abandon my 49ers!
We didn't lose the game because of the Refs. We lost the game because the entire team wilted in the 4th quarter.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
We didn't lose the game because of the Refs. We lost the game because the entire team wilted in the 4th quarter.

Because of crappy calls on offense and by Saleh at the end.
Share 49ersWebzone