LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Lets be real, why I am done with the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lets be real, if the NFL was decided by play on the field and there was non-calls 99% of the time like it was when I was growing up, I would be fine with whatever happened. But when there is so many calls in clutch situations for one team and not for another team it seems like the NFL or at least the refs are picking who wins and who loses.

While I think there was still plenty on the 49ers coaches in particular Kyle for his play calling in the 4th the refs decisions played a big role in this game. The OPI on Kittle in the 2nd is a excellent example. While that it is OPI but the letter of the law, the amount of time that is called in the playoffs let alone the regular season is minuscule.

The missing of offside penalties is huge to me. This is not something that should ever be missed because it's right there in the refs face undeniable and the missing of a hit to the head penalty that would be called 99% of the time in the regular season. There is no reason this should be a non-call, none. There is a ref standing in position that has the job of making those calls and to miss that call means they are worthless. These are supposed to be the best refs in the league and they can't make a in your face obvious call then what good are they?

How many times did the defense get held during the game? I can't count that high to be honest, but they never seemed to throw a flag.

Simple fact is I am done giving the NFL my time and attention including my beloved 49ers (which I have been of a fan of for 30+ years) until the NFL fixes the reffing situation. Until I know the game is about the play on the field and not the zebras why should I care?

Simple fact is in a game of inches when the refs can continue drives and there is no recourse to keep things consistent I don't know why I should devote the time and energy to keep being a fan of the team I love. I never thought I would say something like this, I have been through so many heartaches like the throw to Crabtree, or the missed field goal against the Giants. But the difference is I always felt in those situations like the team let me down, in this situation I felt like the refs decided who was going to get the calls and that decided it.

Either the NFL goes to a less flag happy ref system and lets people play, or they get refs that don't miss calls and make decisions. I am sick and tired of things being up to the interpretation of a human and not who makes the play.
I'm with you, despite this thread probably getting locked for being off topic. I'm growing more and more disinterested by the year. And I definitely do think there is some merit to the conspiracy theorists out there who say that the refs influence outcomes. There's too much money involved in sports betting.
OPI was an absolutely horrendous call. They don't call that all season long. Incredible to call that in the Super Bowl. We go in the half up if not for that.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I hear you. Feel very much the same. I wouldn't say I'm done, but seeing the NFL for what it is now helps. It's just entertainment, there's really no honor or true competition in it anymore. Gambling and fantasy football have poisoned the game.

Tonight was a dark day for true football fans.
Maybe someone takes out Goodell, I'm ok with that.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 2, 2020 at 10:34 PM ]
Stop turning the TV on,stop going to games and stop buying NFL merchandise. I boxed everything up and put it in the attic after the game. I'm done and you can take that to the bank. Free agency,draft and games are done.
Not one holding call on KC oline. KC couldn't buy a 3rd down conversion until 9ers were up 10.

Felt like NFL wanted KC to win all week. After the half they showed highlights from 1st half all KC not a single 9er highlight.

Not saying games are rigged, but its clear the refs steer games
Ok
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Not one holding call on KC oline. KC couldn't buy a 3rd down conversion until 9ers were up 10.

Felt like NFL wanted KC to win all week. After the half they showed highlights from 1st half all KC not a single 9er highlight.

Not saying games are rigged, but its clear the refs steer games

That really is unbelievable with no holding. Really a bad look for NFL
My passion of the game just took a nose dive been a enthusiastic 49ers fan for 24 years and all that just came crashing to an end tonight when it was officially confirmed this game was rigged so Mahomes could become the new poster child for years to come in the NFL. Sucks we as fans and the team I loved for so long had to pay the price AGAIN!!. No longer will I pay for the NFL ticket nor will I take days off for primetime games or even attend games in person. For what? So we can lose to another inferior team knowing we are better in all phases of the game because the NFL wants to dictate who wins & who loses? Not worth the time or effort. I let the Baltimore game go in hopes we would be treated fairly next time around. But Goodell and his goons don't give to s**ts about the 49ers legacy or glory years.
NFL has WWE writing all over it, and I'm not fond of fake wrestling either

It has always been there. Patriots with 911 and NO with Katrina. What were the odds? I don't like Vince McMahon being so close to the NFL. To me, it was obvious KC was the story.
So was it the refs who were content to just run out the clock at end of 1st half, or not get Samuel the ball a single time after 5-min mark of 3rd qtr, play soft-a** cushion defense with 8+ minutes yet to play, rush for 5 yds on 1st/10 then call 2 passes (both inc, btw), overthrow an NFL wide-open open Sanders, or fail to call a TO prior to 4th/10 as play clock ticked down to zero?
You mean you don't want to watch the Mahomes state farm commercials for the next 10+ years?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
My passion of the game just took a nose dive been a enthusiastic 49ers fan for 24 years and all that just came crashing to an end tonight when it was officially confirmed this game was rigged so Mahomes could become the new poster child for years to come in the NFL. Sucks we as fans and the team I loved for so long had to pay the price AGAIN!!. No longer will I pay for the NFL ticket nor will I take days off for primetime games or even attend games in person. For what? So we can lose to another inferior team knowing we are better in all phases of the game because the NFL wants to dictate who wins & who loses? Not worth the time or effort. I let the Baltimore game go in hopes we would be treated fairly next time around. But Goodell and his goons don't give to s**ts about the 49ers legacy or glory years.
NFL has WWE writing all over it, and I'm not fond of fake wrestling either

Some WWE scripts aren't as ridiculous as how this game played out. Down to Shanhan completely calling a different style of game, just basically handing the game over.
Originally posted by dangerbird:
You mean you don't want to watch the Mahomes state farm commercials for the next 10+ years?

It was bad enough with Rodgers, but man..... I didn't even think about that. I hate his haircut more than I hated Kaeps facial hair.
Share 49ersWebzone