There are 237 users in the forums

Luke Kuechly Retires

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by jcs:
You knew his career was going to be shortened because of concussions

Oh sh*t. That looks scary. He was all confused. Like his brain reset and he became terrified. He might have also went blind here for a second. Gat dam.

I saw an NBA game where a player got toppled going for rebound and landed on his back while the back of his head bounced off the court really hard.

He instantly start bawling. A real heavy, emotional type crying. I'll have to scrub my memory banks to see if I can find it.

Scary is right.
Pat Willis the player and the man is amazing. Luke played earlier I believe too so that's worth noting cus the rules keep changing and getting softer.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
The difference was that Willis played next to Bow for 3 years. Kuechly had Davis, but he was no Bow in his prime. If there's no Bow, the defense isnt as good but you could throw an extra 30-40 tackles a year to PWilly

You think so. Willis had his career high in tackles by 22 and 4 sacks his rookie year without Bow. Imagine if Willis was in a 4-3.

He probably would have less tackles then. Remember the TED in the 3 4 is supposed to take on blockers while the MIKE just goes for the ball carrier. And he had Takeo who was very unselfish and had no problems doing all the dirty work.
Willis will always be my favorite 49er of the modern generation. Most of my family are Panthers' fans though because majority of my family is from Charlotte. I go to a panther game every year for my dad's birthday. Will definitely miss seeing this dude on the field. He was the heart and soul of their defense, just an amazing talent.

This is a rough start for Rhule. This isn't just a tremendous loss for the football field but their locker room as well.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Willis will always be my favorite 49er of the modern generation. Most of my family are Panthers' fans though because majority of my family is from Charlotte. I go to a panther game every year for my dad's birthday. Will definitely miss seeing this dude on the field. He was the heart and soul of their defense, just an amazing talent.

This is a rough start for Rhule. This isn't just a tremendous loss for the football field but their locker room as well.

I've only bought two jerseys from players of this generation. Gore and Willis.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Ironically so have I until I bought a Bosa jersey last month.

Kittle is probably next for me

Good choice
Similar career to willis. But luke has that signature season willis didnt have with a DPOY award. Did willis even get close in his career? Like finishing in the top 5 voting wise?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
The difference was that Willis played next to Bow for 3 years. Kuechly had Davis, but he was no Bow in his prime. If there's no Bow, the defense isnt as good but you could throw an extra 30-40 tackles a year to PWilly

You think so. Willis had his career high in tackles by 22 and 4 sacks his rookie year without Bow. Imagine if Willis was in a 4-3.

Umm... Thomas Davis is/was one helluva linebacker. Always in Keuchly's shadow, but outstanding. Similar to Briggs next to Urlacher.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Most likely watched the Aaron Hernandez thing on Netflix.

I would retire too.
Another Willis type player to hang up the cleats too soon.

He was a good one, bummed he's retiring already, but gotta do what you gotta do.

I have gore Willis Vernon and Just got Kittle. Although Warner and bosa are on deck
  • dj43
Originally posted by jcs:
You knew his career was going to be shortened because of concussions

Next time a fan starts complaining about the game going too soft with all the rules to protect the players, they should watch this video.
Save your brain and good luck to him.
Share 49ersWebzone