LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Luke Kuechly Retires

Shop 49ers game tickets
wow.......dude was a monster. Like Willis before him....if your body starts to go, some guys just know. Great player, football is just a job at the end of the day, no need to ruin your body/mind.
Good for him. Bow out before his brains are permanently scrambled.
  • dj43
Good decision. He has had multiple concussions, and each one seemed to take longer to heal. I hope he has quit soon enough so he does not have long-term issues.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Sounds like it was a medical decision. I remember he had a lot of concussions, eventually it will simply become too much.

Quitter
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Quitter

Head and Shoulders
  • jcs
  • Veteran
You knew his career was going to be shortened because of concussions

[ Edited by jcs on Jan 14, 2020 at 9:03 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

CTE is a real thing. He was simply too concussions prone, it was just way too frequent. Our brain is not built to take that kind of beating.
I could be wrong, but didn't he go to the wrong sideline after a hit to the head before ?

I remember seeing him cry and I thought about how he should consider wrapping it up
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
I could be wrong, but didn't he go to the wrong sideline after a hit to the head before ?

I remember seeing him cry and I thought about how he should consider wrapping it up

I think that was Kiko Alonso another guy who should be thinking about retirement
[ Edited by jcs on Jan 14, 2020 at 10:26 PM ]

Originally posted by jcs:

He'll will always remind me of this. This is dark side of football, unfortunately.

As good as Luke was, I always felt Thomas Davis deserved much more credit than he was given. They were a nasty duo.

Luke had a great career. He was a beast against the run and even better in coverage.
Did Bobby Wagner take parting shots for his early retirement, like he did at Willis? That POS
Originally posted by 49erman723:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by MagaBosa:
Watch him get into the HOF while Willis doesn't

Why wouldn't Willis get in before him?

Color lol

Don't.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Did Bobby Wagner take parting shots for his early retirement, like he did at Willis? That POS

This. Anyone criticizing these guys for doing right by themselves is a tool.

I expect stuff like this to become a lot more common. Star players going 6 to 8 years and then GTFO before the effects of playing completely screw up the rest of their lives. Play through that second contract and leave on your own terms.
Originally posted by MagaBosa:
Watch him get into the HOF while Willis doesn't

Keuchly played 8 years just like willis. Lets hear the critics.
Share 49ersWebzone