There are 284 users in the forums

Titans going to the superbowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm calling it... Titans vs 49ers Superbowl.

Both teams have a special vibe to them. Gonna be a great game.

What say you?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

What say you?

Mahomes is KC's best defense. Henry will get his, but I just don't see how they stop Mahomes.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

What say you?

Mahomes is KC's best defense. Henry will get his, but I just don't see how they stop Mahomes.

They can keep Mahomes off the field though. Grinding drives out playing that power run style behind Saffold who is probably still the best run blocking guard in the NFL.

I also think Tannehil is underrated and they have weapons on the outside. Chiefs defense has played better but the Titans are better on offense.
Maybe. It's possible. I can't decide who is a better or worse match up for us if we get there. On one hand you got Mahomes who is dangerous. He can run around and buy time like Wilson and has a cannon arm which is accurate from the pocket or from the run. On the other hand you have a Beast Mode Titans RB who is 6'4" 260 lbs. and runs a 4.5. Our LB's are smaller and built for speed. Our defense is set up more so for pass defense than a large, heavy bulldozer RB. Beast Mode 2.0. I don't know who is the better or worse match up? Who is easier? Who presents the most problems?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 13, 2020 at 1:23 PM ]

What say you?

KC went on its winning streak beating up mostly on other AFC West teams. They beat the Pats by a TD but the Pats were massively hosed by the officials, first when the Pats had to challenge to get what was a clear fumble, and then when they called the Pats player was out of bounds on what may have been a TD (they were out of challenges). While you can say that about a lot games, it's notable because the Pats were very, very average towards the end of the year and KC once again struggled against a well-coached team with a good defense.

KC has shown a weakness against teams that decide to run the ball a lot against them. One reason is Andy Reid either doesn't understand the complementary aspects of football (offense on the field a lot keeps the defense fresh) or he doesn't think it's important -- probably the latter. I think you can win a lot of regular season games with Andy Reid. However, he seems to often hit a wall in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Maybe. It's possible. I can't decide who is a better or worse match up for us if we get there. On one hand you got Mahomes who is dangerous. He can run around and buy time like Wilson and has a cannon arm which is accurate from the pocket or from the run. On the other hand you have a Beast Mode Titans RB who is 6'4" 260 lbs. and runs a 4.5. Our LB's are smaller and built for speed. Our defense is set up more so for pass defense than a large, heavy bulldozer RB. Beast Mode 2.0. I don't know who is the better or worse match up? Who is easier? Who presents the most problems?

I think the Titans are a tougher matchup tbh.

They playing with a ton of confidence and more physical than the Chiefs.
They are playing great football right now. I feel like they are a poor man's 49ers but with a better running back.

I think the Titans are a tougher matchup tbh.

They playing with a ton of confidence and more physical than the Chiefs.

It's really possible. Because I could see where a heavy, bulldozer RB presents a match up problem for our defense which is built for speed and to run sideline to sideline. But Mahomes is really dangerous. A mobile QB who can buy time, has a cannon arm, accurate from the pocket and on the run. Still I think our defense would get to him some. Plus the KC defense seems like swiss cheese. I think we can move it on them. A lot. Up and down the field. And we may have to in order to keep up with Mahomes.
Originally posted by Niners_D:
They are playing great football right now. I feel like they are a poor man's 49ers but with a better running back.

I don't think the Titans offense is what ours is. We have much more speed, game breakers and weapons on offense. They have a Beast Mode RB. Mainly that's it. They try to keep Tannehill out of it.
They won't score enough points to beat KC and aren't built to come back from behind.

Originally posted by sacniner:
They won't score enough points to beat KC and aren't built to come back from behind.

But what if they get the lead and pound Henry and don't do a fake punt deep in their own territory on 4th and a long 3 with a 24 - 7 lead?.....

But what if they get the lead and pound Henry and don't do a fake punt deep in their own territory on 4th and a long 3 with a 24 - 7 lead?.....

The 24-0 start by Houston was fluke driven by special teams turnovers. Not stuff you can count on.

Assuming the Niners beat GB, I would prefer to play Tennessee so I hope they win. But, I give Tennessee a 5% chance. KC is too explosive for them

The 24-0 start by Houston was fluke driven by special teams turnovers. Not stuff you can count on.

Assuming the Niners beat GB, I would prefer to play Tennessee so I hope they win. But, I give Tennessee a 5% chance. KC is too explosive for them

Weren't the Patriots and Ravens too explosive for them. Brady and Lamar Jackson can really score a lot of points....

Its safe to say that fake punt is the dumbest decision in Texan's franchise history. Gave them a short field, momentum, and confidence.
Originally posted by Niners_D:

Its safe to say that fake punt is the dumbest decision in Texan's franchise history. Gave them a short field, momentum, and confidence.

I think giving up 7 TDs in a row was a bit dumber
Share 49ersWebzone