There are 253 users in the forums

What team does Tom Brady play for in 2020?

Shop 49ers game tickets

What team does Tom Brady play for in 2020?

• Jiks
Patriots 100%. There's absolutely no reason for NE to move on at this point as they're not getting anybody better and I highly doubt Stidham is just going to be given the reigns his sophomore year.
I doubt the pats. Brady is going to want to be paid this time, and it would only be a 1 - 2 year contract. The offense was the weak link to that team, so bringing back the most expensive part of it,,,,,,doesn't sound like the right move.
If it's not the Pats, I think it's the Raiders. They're ready to move on from Derek Carr and don't believe the cap hit would be too bad too move on from him. They also have the draft capital to possibly get Beckham out of Cleveland. They already have a really good RB and a decent o-line. The Raiders would probably want to make a splash as they move into their new stadium and city.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Patriots 100%. There's absolutely no reason for NE to move on at this point as they're not getting anybody better and I highly doubt Stidham is just going to be given the reigns his sophomore year.

That is a good point. But they do have a lot of picks and this QB class is deep.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I doubt the pats. Brady is going to want to be paid this time, and it would only be a 1 - 2 year contract. The offense was the weak link to that team, so bringing back the most expensive part of it,,,,,,doesn't sound like the right move.

All logic points to that conclusion. Would Kraft have one or two years of Brady when he and Belichick could wheel and deal and set up the team for the foreseeable future? Think not, Brady stays a Pat.

If he hasn't cared about being paid his entire career why at 43 years old would that change?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

If he hasn't cared about being paid his entire career why at 43 years old would that change?

He has taken deep discounts throughout his career to keep players on that team.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
If it's not the Pats, I think it's the Raiders. They're ready to move on from Derek Carr and don't believe the cap hit would be too bad too move on from him. They also have the draft capital to possibly get Beckham out of Cleveland. They already have a really good RB and a decent o-line. The Raiders would probably want to make a splash as they move into their new stadium and city.

Why would his situation be better with the Raiders? How does it give him a better chance to win than the Patriots?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:

Why would his situation be better with the Raiders? How does it give him a better chance to win than the Patriots?

Assuming Beli doesn't want him back.

But the Raiders? No way. And I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson trading for disgruntled diva WRs.

I think if he leaves NE, the choice will be the Chargers. Some really good weapons, a good defense, and gets to retire back in Cali. Im sure his Giselle wants to be in Cali as well.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jan 9, 2020 at 7:53 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i say the raiders or chargers. wants to play in warm weather. johnny unitas ended as a charger. namath ended as a ram so it could happen

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He has taken deep discounts throughout his career to keep players on that team.

Even if he did up his demands I see NE matching. When Kraft let Jimmy go for Tom it was an emotional move so Tom could retire a Patriot. They're all in there.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 9, 2020 at 9:02 AM ]
He'll return for another year to the Pats
This would be really interesting if the Pats had a viable backup, but I don't think they currently do. Otherwise, it would be cool to see a power struggle between Brady not wanting to go and Bill trying to force him out and to see who Kraft would choose.

As it sits, I think this is going to be a big offseason story, but a bunch of hoopla about nothing, Brady will be a Pat I think.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 9, 2020 at 1:29 PM ]
Gronkowski comes out of retirement, Brady gets a couple of other top receivers and a new running back. Patriots make noise again in 2020,
All I know is that if Brady goes to another stacked team and can't make the playoffs...

Montana >>>> Brady
Share 49ersWebzone