Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Ref:*call it:

Seahawks:" Hizails."

Ref: "Heads it is. Seahawks win the toss."

LMFAO
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 20, 2019 at 5:31 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Lucky? They blew a Super Bowl, and have only one ring.

The fact that they were in the position to choke on the one yard line makes them very lucky. Remember the reception by Jermaine Kearse?
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 20, 2019 at 6:46 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Ref:*call it:

Seahawks:" Hizails."

Ref: "Heads it is. Seahawks win the toss."

LMFAO

Lol 😂
All that luck and still only won one Superbowl.
Does this really need it's own thread? lol
Russell Wilson makes a lot of that luck.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Been saying this since 2012ish

#twinsies
Really what it is, is Russell WIlson.

No Wilson, that team drops to the bottom of the division.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Russell Wilson makes a lot of that luck.

Not lucky enough to win the MVP this year tho...
Originally posted by kelson49er:
Part luck, part the elite play of Wilson. The luck wouldn't matter if not for his ascent to one of the best in the league (though I get that you can argue the inverse too, at least to a degree).

Point is, they deserve to be where they are. I hate them and think they are an immoral and evil stain on the world, but until we hopefully prove otherwise in a couple weeks and then maybe again in the playoffs, they're at least as good as us if not better. Only way to beat them is just strangle them from the first snap on and bury them so fully that there's no realistic way for them to snap out of the funk and crawl back in.

The Seahawks are not even close to as good as us, have you been watching them play football this season? You can say Russell Wilson is an elite quarterback but when he plays good defenses that does not hold up at all. He has done pretty horrible the last five games. And he's had those stretches of bad games almost every single year. He's not consistent like some of the other elite passers.

Our defense is considerably better than theirs and one can argue that our offense is better as well or at least as good. The only thing that's holding us back is an atrocious amount of injuries which we had against the Seahawks and they barely beat us then without Kittle and Emmanuel Sanders so this is just laughable. Especially when the Seahawks can't beat anyone buy more than one score. Whereas the Niners dominate, absolutely dominate some of the same opponents.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Lucky? They blew a Super Bowl, and have only one ring.

Kind of makes the case for them being lucky though. More often than not luck runs out.

You're dumb if you their SB team was lucky though. They were just good. Held teams to a 60 passer rating.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 20, 2019 at 11:34 AM ]
The Athletic said the same thing in just a different way on Dec 5th:

https://theathletic.com/1433239/2019/12/05/the-2019-seahawks-might-be-the-luckiest-team-in-nfl-history-and-thats-ok/

Hope Niners break the streak on Dec 29th.
The seahawks are good enough to beat us as it's any given Sunday for a reason.

But they are by far the luckiest franchise I've seen and the luckiest team nearly every year going back to 2009.

I'm almost to the point where seeing the seahawks lose is more important to me than seeing us win.

f**k everything about that franchise.
The Seahawks get some absolutely incredible breaks. On calls, they way the ball bounces when fumbled, on tips for interceptions. Just everything. It always happens at key moments in the game too. That's just going by the eyeball test. I'm not sure what the actual stats say. But the eyeball test says they are incredibly lucky. All that said sometimes people trivialize them here on the WZ too. They are a real good team. Russell Wilson is hugely underrated. He is one of the best QB's in this league and very hard to stop. Pete Carroll is one of the best football coaches there is. They are competitive year after year.
Share 49ersWebzone