There are 202 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Yo
Taped it, ESPN coming through with some good stuff, The Last Dance and Alex documentary.
TMZ article with images

Dang feel sorry for the guy. I don't think he's ever uttered a negative and was always a good dude through our worst times. I wish him the best.

I've debated before what would have happened to Rodgers if we took him 1 and let Nolan, Sing, and Chip destroy him.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
TMZ article with images

Dang feel sorry for the guy. I don't think he's ever uttered a negative and was always a good dude through our worst times. I wish him the best.

I've debated before what would have happened to Rodgers if we took him 1 and let Nolan, Sing, and Chip destroy him.
Or he might of saved their careers LOL
Whoa..... saw his leg...........

Hang it up dude.....

I have always had issues with that draft pick, but no one can ever doubt how cool of a human Alex Smith is. Dude is smart and articulate....he can make real money in broadcasting. I pray he hangs it up and moves to the next phase of his life.
I think he has a better chance of playing w a prosthetic leg.

It might scare kids when he gets sacked and his leg falls off doe
Never understood 49er fans obsession with Alex. He was the first overall pick and after a few injuries and coaching carousels he proved to be a very mediocre quarterback.

Extremely nice guy and great human being I'm sure, but the devotion the fans show him is beyond me.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Never understood 49er fans obsession with Alex. He was the first overall pick and after a few injuries and coaching carousels he proved to be a very mediocre quarterback.

Extremely nice guy and great human being I'm sure, but the devotion the fans show him is beyond me.

Mediocre doesn't beat Drew Bress in the playoffs.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

He lost to Matt Hasselbeck And Rex Grossman in the playoffs

Well, he wasn't playing Drew Brees 1v1 in that game... but he did have the game of his life. Then proceeded to s**t the bed against the Giants the next week, but I digress.

Again, I like him, but he's no better than Tim Rattay... the adoration just confuses me is all.

Well, he wasn't playing Drew Brees 1v1 in that game... but he did have the game of his life. Then proceeded to s**t the bed against the Giants the next week, but I digress.

Again, I like him, but he's no better than Tim Rattay... the adoration just confuses me is all.
all of these

That's a very simplistic way of assessing him as a QB. The Giants had one of... If not the best pass rush in the last 20 years or so.

I was at that game. It wasn't good conditions and had Williams not fumbled twice he probably has a Superbowl ring.

Saying he's a good as Tim f**king Rattay tells you everything you need to know about your "understanding" of the quarterback position.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
thought i would come here and see if anyone is talking about his horrific injury and his recovery from it and the special on tv friday. guess i will check back later
Originally posted by cciowa:
thought i would come here and see if anyone is talking about his horrific injury and his recovery from it and the special on tv friday. guess i will check back later

Yep. No surprise that it has already devolved into the same old s**t.

Dude admits Smith is a "nice guy and great human being" and then questions why some people might root for him to succeed. YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION.
I wish Alex would just retire. He doesn't need have anything to prove and is needlessly risking further injury.
Share 49ersWebzone