LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Those stats don't tell the entire story. Most Niner fans prefer 2012 Smith. Dude was arguably an all pro and that earned him an invite into Santa Clara HoF. That'll happen for sure

Actually they do tell the whole story. He got benched in 12. Sorry, if his career got cut off short but it's what happened.

I ended up being sold on his replacement, but with hindsight, that ended up being a horrendous decision in Niner history. One of this worst decisions ever. We for sure, 100%, would have gotten number six with Alex smith. We all could have enjoyed seeing number 11 hoisting the Lombardi in the Niner uni. We all know that would have happened... but it didn't, and we are still trying to get that elusive number six
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Well, I'm glad the masses have settled on consensus: Alex>>>Cousins. Only someone who is being irrational would think otherwise, or someone with an extreme dislike of old #11, which would just be weird

And if the Santa Clara HoF is for greats, Alex Smith fits the bill

My dude Aiyuk may have to give up #11

I agree Alex will win you more games than Cousins...but your other point...

how many times do you need to keep asking him to stop? didn't you say the same thing last week?

Stop what? BBQ'ing in the park? What are you upset about? SWH, DJ and I are talking smith in the smith thread. Are you trolling?

The intent of my post was to point out that your assertion that Smith should be in the SC HOF is not at all realistic. ZERO.

Time for a new topic.
What's the status in WAS for Alex playing? Their team is garbage. Trade him to the Jets to help them recover.
Alex? Yeah he is a pro bowler...

I thought he was confused since Alex was always an alternate and never got voted in.

I honestly thought it was BS he didn't get voted in in 2017, but I also honestly thought he didn't deserve to even be an alternate in his other 2 appearances, so I guess it evens out.
If we're gonna pretend Smith was great can we at least put him against someone better than Cousins?

Oh that's right, No. No we can't.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What's the status in WAS for Alex playing? Their team is garbage. Trade him to the Jets to help them recover.

The Jets aren't forcing 2+ TOs a game like the 9ers/Chiefs/WAS did for Alex. Pre injury Alex would crash and burn badly with Jets, let alone post injury Alex.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 29, 2020 at 4:30 AM ]

No one is taking that contract. He'll likely get in at some point though this year as Haskins wasn't Riveria's pick so if the season collapses they may pull the plug on him and see if Alex can't salvage the next couple years until they get a new QB.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 29, 2020 at 5:04 AM ]
I ended up being sold on his replacement, but with hindsight, that ended up being a horrendous decision in Niner history. One of this worst decisions ever. We for sure, 100%, would have gotten number six with Alex smith. We all could have enjoyed seeing number 11 hoisting the Lombardi in the Niner uni. We all know that would have happened... but it didn't, and we are still trying to get that elusive number six

Maybe but Jordan isn't going to make Portland's HoF because they botched the pick. You can only go off what actually happened.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 29, 2020 at 5:02 AM ]

He is QB3

He is their Beathard
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

He is QB3

He is their Beathard

I love Alex but I really don't want to see him play again unless it's a no contact celebrity game.

Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:

He is QB3

He is their Beathard

I love Alex but I really don't want to see him play again unless it's a no contact celebrity game.

Im 50/50 on it. It would be a great story watching him play again, especially if he plays well.
Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:

He is QB3

He is their Beathard

Im 50/50 on it. It would be a great story watching him play again, especially if he plays well.

id be on the edge of my seat lol. would be nervous just watching him. wonder what it would be like for the defenders rushing him after knowing everything. i wouldnt want to hurt the guy or exacerbate anything
My bad about complaining earlier, sac. Didn't know this will be such an original discussion. Thankfully this hasn't been discussed 1000 times already. Thanks for starting this much debate.

I don't understand why it bothers you so much you are trying to call security? Yeah it's a rehash, but if a few of us wanna shoot the s**t on it who cares. Jfc Karen

Didn't think there would be a poor man's Alex Smith, but Tyrod Taylor making a good case for it. Keeps getting replaced by young QB, solid leader, and now freak injury.
Didn't think there would be a poor man's Alex Smith, but Tyrod Taylor making a good case for it. Keeps getting replaced by young QB, solid leader, and now freak injury.

Tyrod Taylor has a higher career passer rating than Alex Smith does. Who would have thought. Not I.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Oct 5, 2020 at 11:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone