There are 266 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
My dad died from Sepsis. It's no joke.Props to Alex.

Damn Bro, sorry to hear that.

Alex will have many opportunities, hopefully he makes it all the way back from this.
Why in the hell would be want to play another down after that crazy injury? I would be scared to look a football field let alone play in one.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Why in the hell would be want to play another down after that crazy injury? I would be scared to look a football field let alone play in one.

yeah. Idk. Dude made a quarter of a billion? Cmon Smith. I don't want to see a legbreak like that ever again on a good dude.
Bumped into him today at Universal Studios Hollywood. He's still wearing a boot, but he said he's almost there. Cool cat, didn't want to bug him with a pic so I just shook his hand and wished him well. Wife said I looked like a kid opening up a Christmas present when I was talking to him.
Originally posted by Gunn49ers:
Bumped into him today at Universal Studios Hollywood. He's still wearing a boot, but he said he's almost there. Cool cat, didn't want to bug him with a pic so I just shook his hand and wished him well. Wife said I looked like a kid opening up a Christmas present when I was talking to him.

you serious? damn that's cool
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

yeah. Idk. Dude made a quarter of a billion? Cmon Smith. I don't want to see a legbreak like that ever again on a good dude.

Ditto - retire and enjoy your kids while they're still kids,.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
you serious? damn that's cool

Yeah man, I was walking slowly while replying to an email. I looked up to make sure I didn't bump into anyone and saw him with his fam. I looked down and did a double take and called him up "Yo, Alex Smith?!" He said "what's up?" And we had that little convo with him. First time I met a former 9er in public.

that wasnt him, he isnt in a boot
I liked Alex once he came into his own. I hope he retires though. Not sure there is much upside to him coming back at this point. I mean you never know how much of the contract numbers that get reported actual translate into real money but he has to have done pretty well for himself and he could easily find some other career path that wouldn't require him to put up the all the crap that gets written about him.
Originally posted by valrod33:

that wasnt him, he isnt in a boot
Handicap people move to the front of the line at Universal. Heavy play by Alex.

Yikes

Gruesome injury. Really sucks he has to end his career like this
I hope he retires

he had a solid/good career

pity we couldnt get him good coaching/team early on
E:60 episode this Friday about Smith and his injury - Project 11. Peter King says its a rough watch.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Yikes

Gruesome injury. Really sucks he has to end his career like this

omg....
  • Jiks

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
E:60 episode this Friday about Smith and his injury - Project 11. Peter King says its a rough watch.

Have to check it out, thanks!
Share 49ersWebzone