LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
"Though he only played for the franchise for five seasons, he without question belongs in the Chiefs Hall of Fame."

"While Smith is only a Hall of Very Good player on the national level, he was a three-time Pro Bowl quarterback for the Chiefs during the peak of his career. He helped the team usher in an era it could be proud of after entering a situation that was undeniable chaos in 2013."

https://fansided.com/2021/04/19/alex-smith-chiefs-hall-of-fame/

Why this can't be true. Don't you recall posters from here joining the Chiefs' online message boards so that they could come back here to report how much Smith was hated and how those hateful opinions were more valuable and insightful then things like performance and the opinions of coaches and players?
  • dj43
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by dj43:
"Though he only played for the franchise for five seasons, he without question belongs in the Chiefs Hall of Fame."

"While Smith is only a Hall of Very Good player on the national level, he was a three-time Pro Bowl quarterback for the Chiefs during the peak of his career. He helped the team usher in an era it could be proud of after entering a situation that was undeniable chaos in 2013."

https://fansided.com/2021/04/19/alex-smith-chiefs-hall-of-fame/

Why this can't be true. Don't you recall posters from here joining the Chiefs' online message boards so that they could come back here to report how much Smith was hated and how those hateful opinions were more valuable and insightful then things like performance and the opinions of coaches and players?

Yes, I do recall posters here quoting their alter-ego from ChiefsPlanet as proof of their point. Good times.
Good dude, good quarterback, might have had the worst series of events and misfortunes and crappy situations of any quarterback. This man's mental makeup is legendary.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Good dude, good quarterback, might have had the worst series of events and misfortunes and crappy situations of any quarterback. This man's mental makeup is legendary.

i doubt many quarterbacks were cursed enough to have the two worst coaches a qb could have in nolan and mike s who actually said. a qb is not one of the more important positions on a team. amazing he turned it around considering the start he had
Originally posted by jonnydel:

dude never quit, never played the victim, never wanted attention for his work on social issues, always supported the team publicly, and was the consummate professional.

they don't make em like that anymore
Alex always ended up with the short end of the stick but he always took the high road. He made the best out of every situation he was in and he did it with class. Sure he didn't live up to his draft position, but after suffering that gruesome injury and most thinking he might not even be able to walk right again let alone, suit up for a game in the NFL, Alex proved them wrong.

Coming back from that injury transcends football itself and speaks volumes to his character and overall just what kind of human being he really is. The man earned every dollar he was paid and then some, in my book. Glad to see Alex go out on his own accord. The NFL has lost a great one.
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
To this day I believe that we would have won the SB vs Ravens with Alex. Super underrated QB late in his career, tough SOB. Will be missed.
  • dj43
"Though his time on the gridiron may be over, his impact in the Chiefs Kingdom will live on for years to come."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/04/20/alex-smith-integral-kc-chiefs-era-success/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email
QB coach Alex Smith. Do it Alex

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

That one to Vernon Davis at the end is pretty cool. Careers came full circle for both of them there. Great moment (among many others in there).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
That one to Vernon Davis at the end is pretty cool. Careers came full circle for both of them there. Great moment (among many others in there).

it will never show up in a highlight reel.. but the way he kept his cool and kept the team under control during the two key games in 2011 vs detroit and the eagles.. i think in both games we were down. announcers were dogging us and a previous alex or niner team would have folded up. but on the road led us to wins... very very special
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

it will never show up in a highlight reel.. but the way he kept his cool and kept the team under control during the two key games in 2011 vs detroit and the eagles.. i think in both games we were down. announcers were dogging us and a previous alex or niner team would have folded up. but on the road led us to wins... very very special

That Philly game was the first time in a long time that the niners gave me hope
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by cciowa:

That Philly game was the first time in a long time that the niners gave me hope

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Justin Smith FTW
Share 49ersWebzone