There are 195 users in the forums

Would you rather take a crazy T.O. or a crazy A.B.? (primes)

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you rather take a crazy T.O. or a crazy A.B.? (primes)

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Quiet, rhythm guitarist, John Taylor

Loved me some John Taylor. He definitely was the George Harrison.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Quiet, rhythm guitarist, John Taylor

Loved me some John Taylor. He definitely was the George Harrison.

He wasn't in Duran Duran...
I'll take either !!
Sign him!
f**k it get both
Get both. I'd rather have TALENT than these "nice guys" we have in the receiver room
T.O is normal compared to WR divas in this era.
Get him in for a workout
T.O. and Moss were just divas. I'm convinced A.B. may actually have something psychologically diagnosable. He's in a different category.

I don't mind trying out anyone at this point, but would the tryout create too much of a distractable media circus all by itself?
TO is not crazy,

I would not be shocked in AB doesn't make 45 years old. He has actual real mental issues.

TO, was a very humble, great guy on the 49ers when he was in Jerry Rices shadow. He is a guy that landed a little bit of money, and lost his filter. It wasn't until later in his career that the press used that against him for hot takes.

TO would have moved in the 2nd place in Rec TDs and maybe 3rd place in all time TDs had he just kept his mouth shut.

AB isn't even top 60 in all time TDs, not even top 30 in Rec TDs. He is at that spot were lots of good players ended up, with 10 more TDs, it would catapult him in to the top 25. Crazy considering he had a HOF stable QB his entire career and played in a passing league designed to produce points. I would have expected a player as good as him to have done more, but i don't follow the Steelers so its really league reputation that i think of concerning AB.

At ABs current rate of production (throw out this year and average his last 4 seasons), if he wanted to challenge TO's numbers, AB would have to play football until he was 48 years old at the same level he did the last 4 seasons.

As far as players go, they are not on the same level.

For AB to threaten Jerry Rices TD record, AB would have to keep his current production level an additional 26 seasons.

AB just does not belong in the same conversation as players like TO or Rice.

^great post
Rice shouldn't even be in the conversation. #1 all time without question and professional.

AB level of crazy made him not worth keeping being top 20 all time talent.

TO level of crazy was worth it and made him tempting being top 5 talent.
TO was a headache because we was a vocal diva who would undermine his QBs.

AB is a headache because he is a vocal diva who undermines his QBs, regularly refuses to play or practice for bizarre reasons, and is under investigation for multiple rapes.

This one ain't that hard.
My first year of going to 49ers games was in 1998. So I saw Rice play but he wasn't at his peak.

I say that to say this.

T.O. was the best 49er I've ever seen play and it's not close.

I'd argue no one took over games at the WR position as he could.

I was at the 2002 wildcard game and when he caught that pass, bounced off a guy, and took it the house. To this day, I haven't seen a player you thought could literally score at any part of the field like he could... on any team.

Of 49ers I've seen play live *at their peak*:

1. Owens

*big gap*

2. Willis
3. Justin Smith/Frank Gore/Aldon Smith
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Rice shouldn't even be in the conversation. #1 all time without question and professional.

AB level of crazy made him not worth keeping being top 20 all time talent.

TO level of crazy was worth it and made him tempting being top 5 talent.

Yeah, I was on the stat page looking to add numbers to my value on TO over AB....and I honestly did not know how far behind AB was compared to TO.

TO was a monster...but in my head he was never a Jerry Rice like player, so since i was on the stats page already....i pulled out Rice's stats too.

TO/Randy Moss are the absolute best of the best. ITs crazy how much better Rice was then both of them. Its crazy how "the best WRs of this generation" are not even in the same category of TO/Moss.

Whats even crazier is that the 49ers had Rice-TO and the end of Moss's career.

Some one like Rice really shows how badly we toss around the word "Generational" or "Elite" when we should really be focusing on words like "Great" and "All Pro".

As good as AB is, he is not on that level.
Share 49ersWebzone