There are 203 users in the forums

DirecTV Rethinks NFL Sunday Ticket Deal Amid Cord-Cutting

Shop 49ers game tickets
So they will have Sunday Ticket for another year or 2 it seems. Sucks and its the only reason why i'm still with them.

I do love Sunday Ticket though. So awesome to DVR the game and start watching it 30 minutes after it starts to fast forward through all of the commercials.
Originally posted by miked1978:
So they will have Sunday Ticket for another year or 2 it seems. Sucks and its the only reason why i'm still with them.

I do love Sunday Ticket though. So awesome to DVR the game and start watching it 30 minutes after it starts to fast forward through all of the commercials.

I agree. Is there another way to reliably watch 49er games?
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by titan:
I cut DTV and switched to YoutubeTV. Let me know what's the best way to watch Niners live stream. Thx!

i would like to know this as well. I never renewed by direct TV contract.

If you're out of the region it wont be available. I'm in NC and had Youtube TV for a while, service is good however Niner games weren't available.

Maybe you can use a VPN to spoof Youtube into thinking you are in the local Bay Area region.

Try ExpressVPN then log into San Jose or something.
I cut DTV and switched to YoutubeTV. Let me know what's the best way to watch Niners live stream. Thx!

You have 2 options, and VPN is not one of them. VPNs won't work.

1. physically travel to an area that always gets niner games. Once there reset your "home" location for n YouTube TV on your phone. If you watch YouTube tv on a smart tv, it won't have a gps chip, so it relies on what your phone says.

2. Use a location spoofer on your phone, and set your location to whatever area gets 49ers games. Reset your "home" location on YouTube TV.

Idk how to do this on android, but I iPhone I used "Dr. Fone" to fool the iPhone. It's an app in pc and does not require you to jailbreak your phone.

Keep in mind you can only switch locations a few times before YouTube tv locks you out. So don't switch back and forth. You'll also be stuck with the local channels if the area you switched to.

Lastly streams are 20-30 seconds behind directv nfl Sunday ticket. I don't like that so I'll probably keep directv until this latency gets better.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Apr 8, 2021 at 2:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by trogdor:

If you're out of the region it wont be available. I'm in NC and had Youtube TV for a while, service is good however Niner games weren't available.

Try ExpressVPN then log into San Jose or something.

Can you imagine all the nasty viruses your devices would get logging in to San Jose.....
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Do you have a friend that lives in Nor Cal that has ATT now? That's how I get to watch the niners.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Do you have a friend that lives in Nor Cal that has ATT now? That's how I get to watch the niners.
Or use puffer.stanford.edu to legally watch all games.
DirectTV died once NFLRedzone.
720pstream is my go to
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Serious question - what's to stop the ISPs from jacking up their rates now knowing they will be the backbone for streaming?

And what's to stop ESPN+ from adding the NFL as a "premium up charge" even to existing subscribers?

Might end up costing us as fans one way or another?

Same thing as wireless, pray your area does not have restrictive franchise agreements.

That is up to your county government.

Competition Controls price

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I live in Canada now and every NFL game is on a streaming service called DAZN. It's $20 (Canadian, so about $16 US) a month and it works great. They have an app for set boxes or you can use the website. It includes NFL network and redzone.

It's fantastic and I hope all of you in the states get something like this soon.

I have no problem paying for things I watch as long as the price is reasonable and it works well.

I wish the NFL would just do what MLB, NBA, and NHL does, have it on all providers, plus have their own streaming service, you have MLB.tv, NHL.tv, and NBA LP Broadband. I do hope they don't cut out the TV portion of it, I hate the idea of streaming only, not everyone has high speed ISP. Just put it on all TV providers, and sell the streaming to ESPN, or Amazon, or whoever. Either way, I'll get it, even if it's streaming only, can't stand the idea of watching local teams each week(Giants & Jets)
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I live in Canada now and every NFL game is on a streaming service called DAZN. It's $20 (Canadian, so about $16 US) a month and it works great. They have an app for set boxes or you can use the website. It includes NFL network and redzone.

It's fantastic and I hope all of you in the states get something like this soon.

I have no problem paying for things I watch as long as the price is reasonable and it works well.

I wish the NFL would just do what MLB, NBA, and NHL does, have it on all providers, plus have their own streaming service, you have MLB.tv, NHL.tv, and NBA LP Broadband. I do hope they don't cut out the TV portion of it, I hate the idea of streaming only, not everyone has high speed ISP. Just put it on all TV providers, and sell the streaming to ESPN, or Amazon, or whoever. Either way, I'll get it, even if it's streaming only, can't stand the idea of watching local teams each week(Giants & Jets)

Yeah, it f**ken sucks. If I want NFLN, Redzone, and ESPN, there's only two or three providers that offer some sort of combination of the three.

THEN, if I want local channels to watch 49ers and Sunday Night, I have to find a service that offers local which is Youtube TV.

So far, Youtube TV is the one stop shop that provides all required channels for NFL but the only problem is that their DVR service sucks because the show starts over every time you go back into it. I have to forward through a streaming site all the way to the 3rd quarter or find where I left off...annoying.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:

THEN, if I want local channels to watch 49ers and Sunday Night, I have to find a service that offers local which is Youtube TV.

a $20 digital tv antenna would solve that.

https://www.amazon.com/HDTV-Antenna-Amplified-Television-Detachable/dp/B01FUB4ZG8/
The answer is college. NFL Ticket university is available to college students. They verify that you are a college student by having you input your email credentials from your college email. It's $99 for the season and can only be streamed on one device at a time. You download the Sunday ticket app on a fire stick and boom. Every game, every Sunday, without having to be a directv customer.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
The answer is college. NFL Ticket university is available to college students. They verify that you are a college student by having you input your email credentials from your college email. It's $99 for the season and can only be streamed on one device at a time. You download the Sunday ticket app on a fire stick and boom. Every game, every Sunday, without having to be a directv customer.
what happens when you're done (years done) with college ?
Share 49ersWebzone