There are 346 users in the forums

DirecTV Rethinks NFL Sunday Ticket Deal Amid Cord-Cutting

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Crown:
If it splits off you'll find multiple platforms you have to pay for to get the full suite as all the streaming services are bidding for a few games.

Cord cutting was a good idea.

When you realize what's happening with original content and sports across multiple streaming platforms you'll be paying the same as premium TV.

It's all by design. I am in the industry. It's diabolical.

They could just use the MLB.TV model and stream it themselves.
DirecTV gonna die without Sunday Ticket. They've already been bleeding money for years and ATT spun them off not that long ago. I'd be shocked if there isn't a merger with Dish or someone like Comcast in the near future.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Yeah. Illegal streams. Work pretty well. Allegedly.

Works great! Allegedly
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This is dumb. Article says directv loses $500M a season because of the difference between the revenue from people buying sunday ticket and the $1.5B they give the NFL....but fail to take into account all of the people who only have directv simply to get the sunday ticket.

Yea I admit that's why I've had DirecTV the last 20 years for the NFL Package

me too
Been watching games for free for almost 8 years. I paid for Sunday ticket from 96' before that. I would pay for it if it was a reasonable price or if I could just buy Niner games at a decent price. Nowadays with MNF and TNF you're paying to have the service and getting even less games.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
NFL Sunday Ticket apparently leaving DIRECTV for ESPN+ after 2022 season, Amazon gets Thursday Night Football, so basically if you want to see the 49ers if you're out of market you have to now stream it only, I get it's the future, but, not everyone has fast ISPs, I don't understand why they wouldn't just have it on every TV provider, plus streaming options, more people will buy it. Just so stupid.

You would think Comcast would have been all over this... For both Cable and their Peacock App.
Sunday ticket is cheap compared to going to a bar and eating and drinking to watch a game that is not on local TV .

and splitting the screen to watch 4 different games is the s**t
I live in Canada now and every NFL game is on a streaming service called DAZN. It's $20 (Canadian, so about $16 US) a month and it works great. They have an app for set boxes or you can use the website. It includes NFL network and redzone.

It's fantastic and I hope all of you in the states get something like this soon.

I have no problem paying for things I watch as long as the price is reasonable and it works well.
Good. Directv is for boomers.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I've cut the cord and switched to Youtube tv. Since I live in the Bay area, I'm lucky enough to get all the Niner games. Not sure how else I'd watch if I was somewhere else. I guess illegal streams

I think the NFL game pass, which I have, is about 99$ for the whole year, and it has every game of every team for that season (and beyond) - about a day delayed. But I've seen some 49er games available right after the broadcast is done.

• titan
  • Veteran
I cut DTV and switched to YoutubeTV. Let me know what's the best way to watch Niners live stream. Thx!
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I cut DTV and switched to YoutubeTV. Let me know what's the best way to watch Niners live stream. Thx!

i would like to know this as well. I never renewed by direct TV contract.
I roll with illegal streams every week. Haven't missed a game in years
Glad this is ending. Would gladly pay for a streaming service for 9ers only.
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by titan:

i would like to know this as well. I never renewed by direct TV contract.

If you're out of the region it wont be available. I'm in NC and had Youtube TV for a while, service is good however Niner games weren't available.
Share 49ersWebzone