LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

DirecTV Rethinks NFL Sunday Ticket Deal Amid Cord-Cutting

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have had the package every year since it started. The last few years I call and negotiate a deal to get the price down. It costs me $299 per season without any deals but often I can get them down to around $200 even. Not bad for an entire season and they often throw in stuff like free HBO for 6 months or 1/2 off for 6 months.

Now that live in Oregon it's the only way I know for sure that I can get to see all the Niners games. I also get the NBC sports Bay Area so I get Giants, A's, Warriors and Kings and the Seattle market teams. I have been saying for years that if they went pay for view like movies they would get more people using the service. I still prefer satellite to streaming because the signal is less compressed. Not all places have gig speed reliable streaming service and that can really reduce the quality of your picture when it comes to motion sequences.
Don't forget the thousands bars pay for it.
I got Directtv for sunday ticket. Paid for it a year maybe two then the price went from 225 to over 300. I just gave up. I work 50% of weekends so I wasn't going to pay that much for something I wasn't able to always watch live. Its a shame they never offered a subscriber a "pick your team package" and a lower cost. I'd pay 100$ to have only 49er games. That would be worth it to me. I don't need to see or pay to see other teams play.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
too many free streams online to pay for this.
I wish i could just buy niner games. I dont need every single game.
Originally posted by lamontb:

This! They'd have more people subscribe but why make a smart decision in big business
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

This! They'd have more people subscribe but why make a smart decision in big business
Greed is a powerful drug.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

They want you to be FORCED into buying the full season of every game and every team. It's more money for them. If I could get a just 49ers games package for a cheaper fee I would do that for sure. Especially if it was streaming online and no cable or satellite dish commitment.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2019 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They want you to be FORCED into buying the full season of every game and every team. It's more money for them. If I could get a just 49ers games package for a cheaper fee I would do that for sure. Especially if it was streaming online and no cable or satellite dish commitment.

Yeah but they could force the issue in a way that wouldnt hurt their bottom line. For example (and these numbers are completely made up because I dont know what the ticket actually costs), if the full Sunday Ticket was $199 a season, and picking one team only was say $169, I dont think directv would lose money. You would have a ton of people saying "well, its only 30 bucks more for all the games, so I will just do that." Or, you would have people buying a team package that normally wouldnt buy the Ticket.

My two cents anyway.
i have NFL Ticket streaming package cause my niece is in College and u get the whole 25 dollars a month for 4 months or 100 bucks up front.

But anyways, i heard that NFL ticket was down all last sunday with a lot of complaints, i luckily wasn't home to watch.

Plus being local to niner games, didn't really matter much.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Exactly. Every fan i know would be all over this.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
i have NFL Ticket streaming package cause my niece is in College and u get the whole 25 dollars a month for 4 months or 100 bucks up front.

But anyways, i heard that NFL ticket was down all last sunday with a lot of complaints, i luckily wasn't home to watch.

Plus being local to niner games, didn't really matter much.

Yup. I have this deal also because my gf is in nursing school and her school participates. It's a great deal.
Dropped Sunday Ticket years ago when I learned of Reddit/nflstreams
  • Jiks
I use reddit but I would gladly pay for Sunday ticket as a stand alone. I f**king hate cable television outside of sports. No way I'm going to sign up for some monthly package I will never watch.
NFLbite.com. Look it up and stop getting robbed with NFL Sunday ticket. Streaming free in HD is the way to go! Enjoy!!!
Share 49ersWebzone