There are 227 users in the forums

Jadeveon Clowney

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Armstead will get a bit more probably. His association as part of our elite D-Line will pay dividends

Interesting well might be worth a look because tbh I think Clowney would be a pass rush upgrade but also a run stopping downgrade
[ Edited by Hardcoreniner559 on Jan 14, 2020 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Armstead will get a bit more probably. His association as part of our elite D-Line will pay dividends

Interesting well might be worth a look because tbh I think Clowney would be a pass rush upgrade but also a run stopping downgrade

Clowney also injured more often.
Originally posted by Niners_D:
"I just want to win," Clowney said, via ESPN. "I'm trying to get to the Super Bowl by any means. That's what I'm looking for: Who's going to get me there? I ain't looking to get on no sorry team for no money. That ain't going to fly. I ain't gonna put my body through all of that just to lose no 16 games, go home with my check. I'd hate that, so that ain't what I'm doing. So if I can't win no Super Bowl, I ain't going to no team that can't win."

Guess he's not planning on staying in Seattle? Lol
A lot of players blow smoke with stuff like this, but give Clowney credit for actually following through. The Dolphins had a deal worked out for him with the Texans last offseason, and Clowney essentially vetoed the trade by refusing to sign an extension with the Dolphins, on account of wanting to be on a competitive team.

Every year in free agency we rag on players for making money the sole factor - it's refreshing to see someone actually follow through on prioritizing winning.
Another dirty game. What a pos.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I think he ends up with Seattle. I'm good with that. This dude has been in the league for 5 years, and his career highlight is still from college.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think he ends up with Seattle. I'm good with that. This dude has been in the league for 5 years, and his career highlight is still from college.

That and dirty players that are injury prone tend not to put in full seasons once paid....
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Bosa will get fined but not Clowney....

Yep Bosa got fined 28,000, but nothing for Clowney. The NFL is a clownshow.
So......
First thought...... who names their kid "Demon?"
Four-Star DE Demon Clowney, Cousin to Jadeveon, Commits to Ole Miss
Originally posted by Debryune:
So......
My first thought as well. You've got to believe it's pronounced "Dee-Mon" Right?
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
So......
My first thought as well. You've got to believe it's pronounced "Dee-Mon" Right?

ugh...another dirty player that seachickens will draft unless another one armed player becomes available LOL

So......

Or Day-mon, or Di(as in did)-mon.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if WE don't sign him, he goin to DALLAS
No way they have money for him.

He'll get way overpaid somewhere though
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
So......

Or Day-mon, or Di(as in did)-mon.

Beat me to it.
Originally posted by 9moon:
if WE don't sign him, he goin to DALLAS

What would we sign him with? A promissory note? We have zero cap to sign elite players and from my understanding is he's almost guaranteed to ink a mega deal with Seattle and this is their year to sign him given their ample cap space.
Share 49ersWebzone