There are 199 users in the forums

Andrew Luck has retired from the NFL.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Please don't act like the 49ers or any other fan base is more classy than the colts. Truth is that the faithful would react the same way the colts fan did if jimmy g pulled that move. And lynch and company is not doing jimmy g any favors with that s**t o line. And this is the same fan base that criticized Borland when he decided to quit football after the season was over....

Borland quit after one year and one concussion. Luck quit after 6 years with multiple concussions and his whole body broken. Huge difference.
Actually it's not a huge difference. I'm sure you're one of the entitled fans that vilifies Borland though.

Our fans are more triggered when a QB takes a knee.

You compare him to Borland lol how about p.willy... nobody pulled that move!!!
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Borland didn't have just one concussion. He finished at least three games with one.
quit pretending that you're all morally superior to everyone else and move on
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 15, 2019 at 7:18 AM ]
With Borland it sucks to waste a pick on him but I have no problem with what he did.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 15, 2019 at 7:37 PM ]
Andrew Luck who ?
Originally posted by Mayor:
Borland didn't have just one concussion. He finished at least three games with one.

Thats the type of consistency our WR need to show.
best thing that happened to colts was this wimp quitting...jacoby going to lead the colts to division title
weird rumor , mostly from Pat Mcafee that Luck is coming back from retirement.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
best thing that happened to colts was this wimp quitting...jacoby going to lead the colts to division title

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Its not a weird rumor based on the text message exchange from Luck's wife and her friend.

maybe the colts will trade him to the 49ers!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Its not a weird rumor based on the text message exchange from Luck's wife and her friend.

I forget who in the colts circle denounced those as fake but its somewhere on Twitter

I mean i am happy for him to come back if the Captain Andrew Luck twitter comes back cause those tweets were gold
Originally posted by pdizo916:

maybe the colts will trade him to the 49ers!

I mean Mcafee was his teammate so could be some truth to it. I doubt the Colts would trade him though seeing as how they need a QB. Would be different if they already had the QB spot locked up
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Feb 3, 2021 at 1:20 PM ]
One of the saddest stories of the decade is that Andrew Luck career turned out like that. He is one of the greatest prospects to come out of college. One of the most talented and it was really fun to watch. But his incompetent FO crippled his career with putrid OL and weapons.
I hope Cincy is not doing the same to Joe Burrow.
Originally posted by Mayor:

I was under the impression that he planned to play one year to get some capital for his post-football business ventures and then retire before he was even drafted. Am I wrong on that?
Share 49ersWebzone