LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 383 users in the forums

New England Patriots thread is the best?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Billicheck gonna kill someone tonight.
Brady has thrown 40 Tds this year at age 43. Second most of his career, after the historic year he had with Moss.

Makes you wonder what his numbers would look like if he had more weapons around him and had a different system.
did anyone notice the giant cheesy smile bill had when he was talking with mac jones

i wonder if he is just playing a smokescreen to make us think he wants to trade up for a qb to possibly make us try and unload jimmy cheap or if maybe he has no intrest in jimmy and wants to really move up to grab a qb
[ Edited by Hardcoreniner559 on Apr 17, 2021 at 4:13 PM ]
when belicheat misses playoffs again after his boy mac jones throws 20 ints...how soon till kraft fires his ass?
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
when belicheat misses playoffs again after his boy mac jones throws 20 ints...how soon till kraft fires his ass?

Lol
Originally posted by jimmy3233:

I love how people are talking s**t about a guy whose worst season as a HC in the past 20 years was 7-9, a record that Kyle Shanahan has managed to beat once in the four years that he's been a head coach.

They've reloaded that defense, it should again be one of the top 5 in football, I definitely wouldn't count them out of anything.

The seventh-worst run defense in the league and the third-worst ever under Belichick? Not only did they draft Barmore, the Patriots also signed defensive tackles Davon Godchaux and Henry Anderson and retained Lawrence Guy.

The sixth-fewest sacks and a light pass rush that made the secondary far too vulnerable? The Patriots drafted Perkins and signed outside linebackers Matt Judon and Kyle Van Noy, who will start on the edge and provide more consistency than Chase Winovich, Josh Uche and Anfernee Jennings.

Plus, Dont'a Hightower will inject a major shot of adrenaline into the inside linebackers. All of this support in the front seven should help Ja'Whaun Bentley, Raekwon McMillan and Terez Hall as they compete for snaps.

The Patriots' much deeper front seven has the talent and tenacity to attack and win battles rather than getting pushed around in the running game, which led to adverse circumstances on passing downs last season. They were already light on bodies, but injuries throughout the season further exposed the defense, with a rotation of practice squadders taking quality reps at defensive tackle and a traditional safety like Adrian Phillips taking over as a full-time linebacker.

One major question remains in the secondary, as cornerback Stephon Gilmore still needs to rework his contract. If he's on the roster next season, though, Gilmore and J.C. Jackson again have the potential to be the best corner duo in the league. Devin McCourty and breakout candidate Kyle Dugger figure to make plenty of noise at safety. Jalen Mills, Jon Jones and Phillips will be role-specific chess pieces.

So the Patriots are loaded with veterans, but they've got an encouraging collection of players on rookie contracts. And despite their uncharacteristic shortcomings last season, the Patriots still allowed the seventh-fewest points in the league (22.1 per game).

https://theathletic.com/2558414/

With an upgraded defense, upgraded OL and run game, they simply need Cam or Mac Jones to act as game managers and take advantages of the opportunities that the defense will provide them.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
^^^ And I've seen Bill with QB's other than Brady; before and after the Patriots... He's always had a nose for Defense.... But there's a reason his tree seems to bare no fruit.
Originally posted by Geeked:
^^^ And I've seen Bill with QB's other than Brady; before and after the Patriots... He's always had a nose for Defense.... But there's a reason his tree seems to bare no fruit.

He went to the playoffs with the Cleveland Browns of all teams, stocked their cupboard, built up their front office, got fired and then when they became the Ravens, those players and front office staff were crucial to them winning multiple Superbowl's.

I'm not going to doubt the guy until he gives me reason to doubt him. He overreacted to Brady winning a SB but I think New England has enough talent on that roster to be a playoff team if they can even get average play from their quarterbacks.
Who takes bill over shanny/lynch?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He went to the playoffs with the Cleveland Browns of all teams, stocked their cupboard, built up their front office, got fired and then when they became the Ravens, those players and front office staff were crucial to them winning multiple Superbowl's.

I'm not going to doubt the guy until he gives me reason to doubt him. He overreacted to Brady winning a SB but I think New England has enough talent on that roster to be a playoff team if they can even get average play from their quarterbacks.

I know he's a great coach. And I know he is the best Defensive Coach in the NFL. I also know that his missing piece is playing for Tampa Bay.

• Geeked
  • Veteran

I know he's a great coach. And I know he is the best Defensive Coach in the NFL. I also know that his missing piece is playing for Tampa Bay.

In short: Walsh won 5 Super Bowls with two QB's and didn't have to coach two of those games.... now that, that's something...

Until he goes out and finds a new missing piece. Smart coaches change and adapt, we'll see if Belichick can do it, I don't doubt that the motivation is already there. Brady and Belichick both benefited greatly from each other. In the early years, it wasn't Brady dominating defenses that was winning SB's for them, it was Belichick's defenses shutting down explosive offenses and Brady playing the game manager role and making timely passes. There's no reason that formula can't work again but only time will tell. They do have the talent to be in the playoff mix in their division.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

Until he goes out and finds a new missing piece. Smart coaches change and adapt, we'll see if Belichick can do it, I don't doubt that the motivation is all there because of comments like this.

Ehhh, well, I guess there's a first time for everything... I don't think he'll find a new Tom Brady... Bill is a great coach... but, unlike Brady, he needs to win one without having the other.
Ehhh, well, I guess there's a first time for everything... I don't think he'll find a new Tom Brady... Bill is a great coach... but, unlike Brady, he needs to win one without having the other.

I don't think he needs a Tom Brady to win if he gets back to his roots in producing a stifling defense.

I don't think he needs a Tom Brady to win if he gets back to his roots in producing a stifling defense.

True. When Brady first came in, he didn't need to do too much. That defense just needed FGs which is why young Brady never won without a workhorse RB.
Share 49ersWebzone