LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

New England Patriots thread is the best?

Shop 49ers game tickets
https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2015/01/10_new_england_patriots_contro.html
Lol pats
Entire legacy is tarnished. 1981-1998 49ers are still the greatest football dynasty and Joe Montana is still the GOAT
I love a controversy as much as anybody, but I really doubt the Pats -- with their history -- would risk taping the 1-and-12 Cincinnati Bengals for a competitive advantage.

I'm guessing this is benign and the media is just blowing the story out or proportion.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I love a controversy as much as anybody, but I really doubt the Pats -- with their history -- would risk taping the 1-and-12 Cincinnati Bengals for a competitive advantage.

I'm guessing this is benign and the media is just blowing the story out or proportion.

A Patriots team that just came off of back to back losses. Not to mention, they're saying they got caught filming the Bengals sideline. This doesn't mean they didn't film anyone else's sideline throughout the year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Scottie15:
A Patriots team that just came off of back to back losses. Not to mention, they're saying they got caught filming the Bengals sideline. This doesn't mean they didn't film anyone else's sideline throughout the year.

Cheating habits die hard. I think the media is actually downplaying the seriousness of this Spygate II. They might have been right if Spygate I never occurred, but since it did and the Pats are still cheating, the NFL looks like it's taking this very seriously. A lot of gambling money is at stake and the NFL's image is at stake and the owners stand to lose billions if Bellicheat's ultracompetitive nature endangers the very eco-system that enables his profession and his livelihood to flourish. At some point the credibility of the system itself dies if the NFL does nothing about Bellicheat and just slaps him on the wrist for doing this again.

It's one thing to do everything in your power to compete and have an advantage over your opponent, it's another thing to endanger the very game we all love itself. At some point, Bellicheat needs to be taken out to preserve the NFL in my opinion.

It does mean they didnt film anyone else. These guys are basically out in the open wearing Pats gear. They werent trying to hide.

In this case it's part of a documentary following various employees with this week being a scout. It seems like it was a 1 time thing.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nfl needs to fire belicheat. This is like his 3rd or 4th getting caught cheating.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

It does mean they didnt film anyone else. These guys are basically out in the open wearing Pats gear. They werent trying to hide.

Out in the open? Or int he press box? Also read they were wearing Bruins gear, not net necessarily Pats gear.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
In this case it's part of a documentary following various employees with this week being a scout. It seems like it was a 1 time thing.

So then why film ONLY the Bengals sideline and team?

Out in the open? Or int he press box? Also read they were wearing Bruins gear, not net necessarily Pats gear.

So then why film ONLY the Bengals sideline and team?

Because they were filming a particular scout. He's not scouting the Browns or watching the game for fun. Their argument was that the film crew was using the Bengals sidelines as the background. So you can see what he sees. Which is against the rules either way but It's likely going to be found that they weren't trying to cheat here. That's what early reports are at least.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 11, 2019 at 12:24 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Nfl needs to fire belicheat. This is like his 3rd or 4th getting caught cheating.

It doesn't matter who they play. If they have a chance to steal signals why not. A lot of these coaches and coordinators get recycled around the league so the next year you could be facing a DC who was the former coach of a s**t team and use the signals that way.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by susweel:

Yeah. It's not like the commissioner isn't from Boston or anything.

"We're going to be thorough...( at this saigon hooker party tonight. amirite bois?!")
Our run from 1981-1998 was topped this year by these cheating f**ks (2001-2019)

I'm still holding out hope that they have a 1999 type season where they hit a wall and just completely crumble. I'll never forget watching the niners that year
Share 49ersWebzone