There are 239 users in the forums

New England Patriots thread is the best?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Of all the teams to spy on......the bungels? Lmao

Im sure they were spying on other teams, and certainly not the first time caught doing it. They just happened to get caught this time with the bungels.
Who needs to spy on the Bengals? I guarantee if they spied on them, they spied on everyone. Just like players getting caught with drugs and PEDs, the punishment needs to compound each time as long as Belichick is there. Don't just fine and dock draft picks...ban them from the post season this year. I'm not a hater of the Pats, I just don't like seeing teams have success when they had to cheat to do so.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Still cheating.

Yup.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Still cheating.

Yup.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by MagaBosa:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Belichick should be suspended for at least a year.

Make Kraft sell the team

People like you are why the Patriots cheat and will always get away with it.

Ya, im the reason, that makes sense lol. Last time i checked, when Pats get in trouble for something 99.9% of football fans call for their head. So quite the opposite.

Once again, this was the Pats camera crew for their Tv show. These werent scouts, coaches, FO ppl, this had nothing to do with the Pats football team. This was taped for their new episode. They were even dressed up in Pats gear and standing out in the open.

Now people like you, is the reason we have to listen about this for the next couple of days or even a week, non stop. Its a dumb mistake from their tv crew, Pats will get a fine, and thats it. As much as you want it to be something else, it wont bc nothing like that happened.

Oh mhmm. Sounds like a great excuse.

"During Spygate investigation, NFL found that Patriots had excuses ready in case an advance scout got caught filming another team. One of those excuses: Tell them you need the footage for a team show"

Crazy thing is the league black balled Kaepernick for something that had nothing to do with the football competition. I actually think Bilicheck (sp) should be banned for life as this is not his first offense. They should also be stripped of all of the super bowl championships they won during his coaching tenure.

Everyone keeps saying they all do it but for some reason the Patriot's are the only organization that keeps getting caught or suspected of this level of cheating.

The Patriot ownership group should also have to re-pay everyone that lost bets on the games that they thought were being played under fair circumstances in which the Patriots cheated via video taping opponents walk throughs and side line signals.

The lack of integrity in football will be it's demise (Making sure the Rams get to the super bowl last season in order to build the NFL market in Los Angeles, then changing the PI rule only to continue to ignore blatant PI non calls even when challenged). Greed is also killing the sport of football...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Well, looks like they were officially busted.

"The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr. reports the Patriots sent a three-person video crew to record Cincinnati's sideline for "about eight minutes" in Sunday's matchup against the Browns.

Bill Belichick obviously denied any involvement on WEEI-FM hours before the organization issued an official statement on Monday night claiming the production crew for their documentary on an advanced scout didn't know the NFL policy; that of course is the exact excuse New England's videographers were told to use if asked what they were doing during the Spygate investigation. That case settled with Belichick being fined $500,000 while Robert Kraft and the organization were hit with a $250,000 fine and loss of a first-round pick. The Deflategate investigation eight years later resulted in another lost first-round pick and four-game suspension for Tom Brady. Any guilty verdict in this most recent controversy would obviously bring down an impactful ruling. Suspensions across the board are on the table."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/

According to ESPN.com, the cameraman who took the video for the Patriots asked NFL security if he could delete the footage and have the whole situation be forgotten, but instead, the league ended up confiscating the video.

[ Edited by InfernoDaLuz on Dec 10, 2019 at 1:18 PM ]
Goodell will probably just rig it for them to win the Superbowl again so everybody forgets this
Classless franchise. Cheaters and poor sports to their core.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Those superbowls they have are very tarnished as far as I'm concerned.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/

According to ESPN.com, the cameraman who took the video for the Patriots asked NFL security if he could delete the footage and have the whole situation be forgotten, but instead, the league ended up confiscating the video.

1 year suspension for Bellicheat and loss of draft picks. Otherwise anything lower is a a slap on the hand.

Originally posted by Giedi:
1 year suspension for Bellicheat and loss of draft picks. Otherwise anything lower is a a slap on the hand.

Unfortunately reporters are already saying there's likely nothing to come from this. smh
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Those superbowls they have are very tarnished as far as I'm concerned.

This. They will always have multiple asterisks.

*Tuck-Rule
*Spygate
*Deflate-Gate
*Potentially Spygate 2.0 (But ideally they will lose to the 49ers )
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Unfortunately reporters are already saying there's likely nothing to come from this. smh

My hope is that this *significantly tarnishes* the reputation of the NFL that Bellicheat is suspended. I think it does. I think Goodell can't ignore past history in this case either. Like professor K said, numerous instances of cheating being *caught* -- so how about the cheating that was never caught? NFL will be the laughing stalk of professional sports if Bellicheat isn't significantly punished.
Originally posted by ProfessorKel:

*Tuck-Rule
*Spygate
*Deflate-Gate

Tuck-rule was at least correct per the rule. It was an archaic rule that had not really been enforced for years as far as anyone was concerned, but it was on the books. After that 2001 AFC Divisional game I saw it enforced a handful of times in games through the years until it was finally taken off the books by the rules committee.

The others, though...
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by ProfessorKel:

*Tuck-Rule
*Spygate
*Deflate-Gate

Tuck-rule was at least correct per the rule. It was an archaic rule that had not really been enforced for years as far as anyone was concerned, but it was on the books. After that 2001 AFC Divisional game I saw it enforced a handful of times in games through the years until it was finally taken off the books by the rules committee.

The others, though...

True, I just love to throw it in there to piss off Raider fans
Share 49ersWebzone