LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 325 users in the forums

New England Patriots thread is the best?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Cheaters
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by FL9er:
There's a story out from Tom Curran about how Brady and BB aren't on the same page. Brady is tired of taking a pay cut only for the coach not to add veteran offensive talent to help the team. He was in favor of bringing AB back. Belichick doesn't think Brady is worth $25-$30M/yr. Brady's dad doesn't see it ending well for his son because Brady thinks he can play forever. The owner is not inclined to step in. Curran thinks Belichick is f**ked because of there being no succession for Brady.

Pats have shown that they can make any QB look good. Brady leaving wont be the end of the Pats.

Agree. Their coach found Jimmy, (after finding Brady) so I'm betting he can find another Jimmy if he really is serious about coaching till he's 70.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:
Cheaters

Agree with this too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
The NFL is investigating a Patriots staffer who was seen filming from the press box during Sunday's Browns-Bengals, an incident New England said was the result of an "unintended oversight."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-videotaping-incident-what-we-know-about-nfls-investigation-into-film-crew-at-bengals-browns-game/ar-BBY0y8I?ocid=spartanntp
Why the Bengals though?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Why the Bengals though?

They play them, 15 Dec.
Story is still unfolding obviously, but it's a pretty bad look for the Pats with yet another filming scandal.

Should be interesting, but people hate the elite and 80% of the NFL fanbase would probably love to watch that legacy be tarnished.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28261318/patriots-say-video-crew-filmed-sideline-bengals-browns-game?platform=amp#click=https://t.co/Dbyaei9Uo0

Is there already a name for that gate?
Weird how the Eagles ,whom a week before the Super Bowl,practiced privately in a tent, beat them with Nick Foles .. hmmmh....
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 10, 2019 at 9:15 AM ]

My honest take: I think they should be fined, but if you think this is remotely in the same stratosphere as spygate or deflategate then context means nothing to you.

This was the Patriots' production crew, completely separate from football operations.

They received permission/credentials from the Browns (it was their stadium).

The Patriots already have ~7 episodes of their series online and this was supposed to be their next episode on advance scouting.

They were openly wearing Patriots/Kraft attire and were holding a camera... if they were cheating than they're pretty stupid.

The Bengals are 1-12. Again if they were cheating than they're pretty stupid.

Eight minutes of real time footage on the sidelines to put together a small clip to "show what the scout is doing" is pretty reasonable.

I do think they should be fined because what they did will probably violate some rule. But to even compare this to spygate/deflategate is laughable.
A whole 1st quarter of sign footage wtf? Fine and suspend these fools.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 10, 2019 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
My inside source in the FBI said Brady is retiring this year

Really? Where is link?

This is classified information .

It's G -14 classified?

🤣🤣🤣
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
My inside source in the FBI said Brady is retiring this year

He honestly should

He needs Giselle's permission first.
  • thl408
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Why the Bengals though?

They play them, 15 Dec.

Maybe Va means why they gotta cheat to beat the Bengals? I don't think you even have to practice to beat the Bengals.
Share 49ersWebzone