LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Pat Bowlen

Shop 49ers game tickets
One of the great owners, who I believed stepped down when he began battling Alzheimers, Pat Bowlen passed away at age 75. He was one of the first franchise owners that I was aware of as a child and seemingly always had his teams in the mix, winning three Super Bowls and appearing in 4 others (he wasn't the owner for the Broncos first Super Bowl). When I first heard the news, the first thing that came to mind was the "this one's for John" quote after the Broncos won Super Bowl 32.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/sports/pat-bowlen-death.html
Way too young. RiP
"This one's for John"

RIP
Side note, I always viewed certain teams (because of coaching connections) as an extension of the 49ers as we got into the 90s. The Vikings under Dennis Green were like cousins I rooted for. Same for the Broncos when they were under Mike Shanahan.
One of the best modern day NFL owners. I hated the Broncos as that was the default team growing up in Wyoming. I was the only Niners fan while most my family was a Broncos fan. But I respect what he did for that city. Awesome city too
Originally posted by crabman82:
"This one's for John"

RIP

One of the more iconic quotes/moments in the last 20/25 years in the NFL. May he RIP
RIP and much respect.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by crabman82:
"This one's for John"

RIP

One of the more iconic quotes/moments in the last 20/25 years in the NFL. May he RIP
Indeed. It made the moment when John returned the favor all the more poignant for me.
Share 49ersWebzone