There are 227 users in the forums

NFL hopes ban on Oklahoma drill trickles down to all levels of football

Shop 49ers game tickets
I gotta say my son is gonna kill you wussies sons when he gets older lol; we all know that the drill is TOUGH and probably made alot of you webzoners quit football all together, but realize some of us will raise our children in the old ways and in 17 years my father and I will laugh as my son imposes his will as he see's fit on your children on the gridiron . I am all for safety but i will never stand for removing toughness from the game.......oh and you CTE warriors best way to stay healthy dont play .

attatched the article below

"The NFL's decision to tell coaches to stop using the Oklahoma drill in practice isn't just about preventing NFL players from getting hurt. It's also about the safety of the game at all levels. Competition Committee Chairman Rich McKay said the Oklahoma drill — a longtime staple of summer football practice at all levels of the sport — tends to feature the kinds of repeated head-to-head collisions that the league wants to encourage coaches at every level to limit.
"I think for me, what I liked the most about trying to eliminate some of these drills is hopefully the message it sends downstream to youth football, to high school football, to college football," McKay said. "It will be their choice to see what they do with some of these drills. But, I would tell you some of these drills exist in high school football in a big way and I am not sure these drills are necessary."
The Oklahoma drill was once beloved by players and coaches alike, but it's increasingly viewed as a drill whose risks outweigh the rewards — and a drill that will not be part of football at any level for much longer."
doesn't help that alot of these ,''non wussie'' nfl players have their brains turned to mush because of CTE and do Aldon /Hernandez /Ray Rice esque decisions in their everyday life out of nowhere.
drugs and alcohol ruined those players not CTE
Originally posted by 49erman723:

It's well documented that football and CTE are correlated and in fact a result of frequent head trama.

Just a question....if your stud son that may not even get past the high school ranks, starts getting concussions or god forbid CTE will you and your father be laughing? I'll answer for you. No you won't like it one bit. There are plenty of tough football players without the Oklahoma drill imo and plenty of ways to toughen up without making contact that leads to CTE
Your son probably rides pine.
I guess you're not worried about your son getting brain damage, as long as he can "impose his will" on his on his Jr.Varsity team.
99% of nfl players studied have CTE.

ninety nine.

https://www.bu.edu/research/articles/cte-former-nfl-players/
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I guess you're not worried about your son getting brain damage, as long as he can "impose his will" on his on his Jr.Varsity team.

Feel bad for the kid.

Lmao. Top 5 dumb wz post of all time.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I'm going to need to see the other 4 to make proper judgement

Originally posted by KamLeon:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I'm going to need to see the other 4 to make proper judgement

Pactiger
Pactiger
Pactiger
Binary
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
I am not in favor of this pussification either. The equipment they use right now is better than ever. I don't think the Oklahoma drill or kickoff rule changes do matter a bit.
Originally posted by Mayor:
I am not in favor of this pussification either. The equipment they use right now is better than ever. I don't think the Oklahoma drill or kickoff rule changes do matter a bit.

Well it doesn't matter what your opinion on this is. The fact is that concussions and injuries have been down bc of kickoff rule changes and other drills. Whether you think it or not is irrelevant bc there is proof showing that its true.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Sure and you could cease to zero if they wouldn't play at all. It's a violent game and IMHO isn't worth watching if that would be taken away.

They earn a truckload of money and are fully aware of it. If you ask a wide receiver in the league, he will tell you that he likes to be tackled high since ankle or ligament injuries are more crucial to them.

dude get your head out of the sand
Share 49ersWebzone