LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

NFL News Thread(2019 Post-Draft Edition)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by dj43:
It is crazy to see how quickly some guys lose their "football" weight once they get off the 5,000 calorie/day diet and hours in the weight room. Joe Thomas lost something like 45 pounds in less than three months. He looked more like a marathoner.

For the very quick transformations of guys like Thomas and Gronk, I'm guessing that they have the same dedication to getting the weight off as they had to keeping it on.

It wouldn't surprise me if they went from 5K to 1K calories and weightlifting to cardio all day with a flip of a switch.

These guys just don't have the same relationships with food and exercise that the rest of us do.

Good one.
Good on the NFL

MIAMI -- Dolphins defensive tackle Kendrick Norton is starting his recovery from a car accident that led to the amputation of his left arm this week. The NFL stepped in with some help Tuesday morning telling Norton that all of his medical bills will be covered, per his agent Malki Kawa.

Norton posted a message on his Instagram story on Monday giving a thumbs up and the words: "I'm good thank you to everyone that checked on me!!! I'm good thanks for the prayers to God be the glory."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27155352/nfl-cover-medical-bills-dolphins-norton
Best wishes to Jim Caldwell. One of the good guys in the NFL. Stepping away from coaching due to health issues.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Russell Wilson: DK Metcalf is "looking really, really special"
Posted by Mike Florio on June 12, 2019, 9:32 PM EDT
AP
The Seahawks may have gotten in 2019 a steal on par with the steal they got in 2012.
Seven years after landing quarterback Russell Wilson in round three (the Jaguars took a punter with Wilson still on the board), the Seahawks traded up to the bottom of round two to grab receiver DK Metcalf. Wilson really likes what he sees so far from the rookie.
"Well, it's great seeing DK make his plays," Wilson told reporters on Wednesday. "I think DK is looking really, really special. He can do anything and everything and he's tremendous."
Metcalf generated plenty of pre-draft buzz given his size, physique, and speed. But a history of injuries coupled with a reputation for having a limited route tree dragged him out of round one and almost into round three.
Coach Pete Carroll has no qualms about throwing rookies into the fray, as he did with Wilson. Given the absence of Doug Baldwin, the Seahawks have a need at the position, and Metcalf could fill it right away.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/12/russell-wilson-dk-metcalf-is-looking-really-really-special/

#Wilsonspeak (Notice how Jimmy G doesn't overhype his skill players in media interviews. He'd rather undersell and over-deliver than the opposite.)

Tom Brady: 7.2 cone, 4.38 shuttle
DK Metcalf: 7.38 cone, 4.5 shuttle
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
AP
The Seahawks may have gotten in 2019 a steal on par with the steal they got in 2012.
Seven years after landing quarterback Russell Wilson in round three (the Jaguars took a punter with Wilson still on the board), the Seahawks traded up to the bottom of round two to grab receiver DK Metcalf. Wilson really likes what he sees so far from the rookie.
"Well, it's great seeing DK make his plays," Wilson told reporters on Wednesday. "I think DK is looking really, really special. He can do anything and everything and he's tremendous."
Metcalf generated plenty of pre-draft buzz given his size, physique, and speed. But a history of injuries coupled with a reputation for having a limited route tree dragged him out of round one and almost into round three.
Coach Pete Carroll has no qualms about throwing rookies into the fray, as he did with Wilson. Given the absence of Doug Baldwin, the Seahawks have a need at the position, and Metcalf could fill it right away.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/12/russell-wilson-dk-metcalf-is-looking-really-really-special/

#Wilsonspeak (Notice how Jimmy G doesn't overhype his skill players in media interviews. He'd rather undersell and over-deliver than the opposite.)

lol that can't be real
[ Edited by Waterbear on Jul 14, 2019 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
AP

lol that can't be real

link!
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
f**k Seattle
B/R just released their top 25 QBs of all time.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
B/R just released their top 25 QBs of all time.

Lol that can't be real
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
What bothers me most is that they intentionally do it wrong to be talked about.

Originally posted by Mayor:
What bothers me most is that they intentionally do it wrong to be talked about.

Yeah the only real explanation
  • dj43
Anyone putting Aikman in the top 10 has not been paying attention. If any QB has ever been carried by the team around him, it was Aikman.

Very good QB? Yes.

Top 10?
uh alex smith at 25 geez that's laughable
Originally posted by dj43:
Anyone putting Aikman in the top 10 has not been paying attention. If any QB has ever been carried by the team around him, it was Aikman.

Very good QB? Yes.

Top 10?

Out of everything on the list, that's what you had a problem with?? Lmao.
I disagree, but I can see Brady over Montana, Manning though, nah. Also Aikman couldn't carry Young's jock. And I see that Moon is still underrated af.
Share 49ersWebzone