There are 170 users in the forums

UDFA LB Azeez Al-Shaair, Florida Atlantic

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
He seems like a prototypical special teams player. He has speed, a nose for the ball, and good tackling skills. Wouldn't he make a good gunner?

Too big and not quick enough to get off the press.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I keep thinking of the opening scene to The Fifth Element when the professor keeps yelling "Azeez! Light!"

Multipassssssss
  • dj43
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
He seems like a prototypical special teams player. He has speed, a nose for the ball, and good tackling skills. Wouldn't he make a good gunner?

Cutting Mayo looks like this guy is on the squad. He made a lot of plays in PS.
I love the attitude about hating the undrafted free agent label and wanting to use it as motivation. When you look at his production at Florida Atlantic he was making a ton of plays and gobbling up the tackles there.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
I love the attitude about hating the undrafted free agent label and wanting to use it as motivation. When you look at his production at Florida Atlantic he was making a ton of plays and gobbling up the tackles there.

Agreed. I love this kid, was a huge fan of his at FAU, hoping he can be a ST Ace for us.
I hope he becomes the next bowman.
The game is much faster now.

We need speed.

He fits the bill.
  • dj43
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

We need speed.

He fits the bill.

...and we have it.

Without any great fanfare, the FO has changed the nature of our LBs from primarily run-stoppers to guys that can fly to the edges as well as cover the short zones in the modern passing game. Kwon brings speed. Greenlaw is fast and replaces Smith. Al-Shaair took Mayo's spot for the same reason. All our current crew are lighter, faster guys than anyone we have had lately except for Willis before he began to have foot problems.
is he a hot boiz though?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

We need speed.

He fits the bill.

...and we have it.

Without any great fanfare, the FO has changed the nature of our LBs from primarily run-stoppers to guys that can fly to the edges as well as cover the short zones in the modern passing game. Kwon brings speed. Greenlaw is fast and replaces Smith. Al-Shaair took Mayo's spot for the same reason. All our current crew are lighter, faster guys than anyone we have had lately except for Willis before he began to have foot problems.

Excellent post dj43!

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Make your mark, young man!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Liked him in pre season. Time to shine
FYI, Greenlaw is the one filling in for Kwon, not Azeez.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 1, 2019 at 11:44 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
FYI, Greenlaw is the one filling in for Kwon, not Azeez.

I figured. But Azeez is bound to see the field more often. Plus isn't he a bit faster than Greenlaw?
Step on up kiddo
Share 49ersWebzone