LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

UDFA LB Azeez Al-Shaair, Florida Atlantic

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Azeez is a top 15 off ball LB.

He deserves a contract in the 5-8m range at least IMO.

Am I underrating Azeez? He's a good reserve player imo. Didn't think he's near top 15, but I don't know enough about other LBs around the league.
Originally posted by thl408:

Am I underrating Azeez? He's a good reserve player imo. Didn't think he's near top 15, but I don't know enough about other LBs around the league.

Where did you have him ranked? I just think he's a starter on 100% of 4-3 teams. I can't remember a LB we've had since Willis and Bowman that just doesn't miss tackles like Azeez.

• thl408

Where did you have him ranked? I just think he's a starter on 100% of 4-3 teams. I can't remember a LB we've had since Willis and Bowman that just doesn't miss tackles like Azeez.

I don't know enough about other off-the-ball backers to make a semi-educated list. I can name about 10 off-the-ball LBs and that's just me being able to name them. Doesn't mean I watch them. I just didn't think or realize that Azeez would be in the top half.
Every player looks good in highlight clips.

It shows the kind of bargain we got Dre Greenlaw for, because I think his contract was in the 7 million range.

He had over 100 tackle last year. This year we just played more nickel and dime i guess.

Nice highlights. Damn.
He played well for us but top 15. Can't co sign that one
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 8, 2023 at 1:54 PM ]
Need him back
Originally posted by lamontb:
He played well for us but top 15. Can't co sign that one

Can you name 15 LBs better than him? Not DE's or 3-4 OLBs.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
There's actually a lot of good talent on the FA market and cap casualties may further saturate the supply at LB. At best, he'll receive an above average short term deal ($4M-$6M range, 1-2 years) as a starter for a team like the Texans.

But if you look at his productivity and compare it to other players, he's in the $2M-$3M APY range. And then we have to decide if that's worth it vs. getting a comp pick and letting Fowles and Burks compete for that spot.

Seems he gone after reading his twitter
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Seems he gone after reading his twitter

Huh? I see nothing. what am i missing

https://twitter.com/A_train2_
Gone to Tennessee!
Best of luck. Great ball player
Share 49ersWebzone