There are 157 users in the forums

45% of '16 1st round have 5th yr option declined

Shop 49ers game tickets
45 Percent Of '16 Draft First Rounders Have Fifth-Year Option Declined
May 3, 2019 8:11 AM
Forty-five percent of first round picks (14 of 31) from the 2016 NFL Draft had their fifth-year options declined.
In each of the last two years, 20 fifth-year options were picked up and 12 were declined.
Jack Conklin was the highest selected player who had his option declined as the Tennessee Titans had selected him eight overall.
The Cleveland Browns had already released Corey Coleman, as had the Denver Broncos with Paxton Lynch.
Michael David Smith/Pro Football Talk
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Not
For
Long
Yeah I just saw some
YouTube video during draft week of that round and it was yikeeeees

Think it was something like "Bad, Meh, it hit" for the entire first round and there was only like 4 hits lol
When assessing our draft performance it is frequently forgotten how much of a lottery the draft is.
'16 was a pretty bad year.
Whoa. Tyreek Hill was a 5th rounder.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Whoa. Tyreek Hill was a 5th rounder.

Yeah I believe he slipped because of the ol punching a pregnant girlfriend situation
Is that a record?
Further proof we should just be drafting punters in the first round...
It would be interesting to see how our drafts (2007-2016) stack up against the rest of the league. Almost like a year by year ranking for that 10-year period. I'd guess we are in the bottom third overall, but not as bad as many may feel.

Originally posted by English:
When assessing our draft performance it is frequently forgotten how much of a lottery the draft is.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Further proof we should just be drafting punters in the first round...

Was kinda surprised the Titans declined Jack Conklin's 5th year option, if Joe retires, maybe we go after Conklin?
shows that even the first round is a crapshoot. The draft is about who you get, not how many people you get.
I thought Conklin was a legit player, too.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
I thought Conklin was a legit player, too.

He was before the acl injury, he was a pro bowler
Share 49ersWebzone