Anthony Davis, here we go again

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
lol I remember his last,''comeback.''

Instastories of working out. ''Yeah we coming for it. All Pro grind.''

quits two weeks later.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Can't believe some wants a 2 time All-Quitter back on the team...smh

Well if the quitter is broke he should be plenty motivated. It doesn't hurt to look and see

Well its not a good enough reason to sign him back. He obviously doesn't love the game and will quit again when he gets a check...Pass
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Well its not a good enough reason to sign him back. He obviously doesn't love the game and will quit again when he gets a check...Pass

He doesn't have to sign he already is, it's up to them to decide to release him or not. There are plenty of ot needy teams who might pick him up and give him a try
If he gets into shape he's the best tackle on the team not named Staley or McGlinchey.
He can go f**k himself.
The problem with giving him a chance is what if he plays well in preseason, earns a starting or first backup role and then decides to quit the day before the season? Or week 2 or 8 or whatever?

Just feel like you can't depend on him. I don't blame him for retiring but he also shouldn't blame the team for having no trust in him.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
The problem with giving him a chance is what if he plays well in preseason, earns a starting or first backup role and then decides to quit the day before the season? Or week 2 or 8 or whatever?

Just feel like you can't depend on him. I don't blame him for retiring but he also shouldn't blame the team for having no trust in him.

Would he actually potentially take a spot from anybody significant? That's the real question
Originally posted by synigod:
I can understand where he is coming from but it isn't like he didn't know football was a physical sport, but I hope we at least bring him in and give him a shot. Let him battle it out with our Oline. We can even hype him up a bit.

Then we trade him for a 5th. Maybe even a 4th to a Oline needy team

LOL You a funny man.
You can't just walk away from the league, and then come back after a few years and expect to compete can you?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Let him come back and see how he does in camp. If he does good maybe we can trade him. if not cut him.

lol he hasn't played in 4 years and is about to be 30. Hes worthless.

He would fit right in with our worthless line

Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
He can go f**k himself.

Pretty much.
Is he going to the lakers or nah?
lynch not gonna like this guy. Quit twice. But would be curious to see if he would be willing to play guard.
If he can still play give him a shot. This is one sport that if you sit out multiple years you never get it back.
He'd be the best guard on the team. f**k it, let him come to camp.
Share 49erswebzone