LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Anthony Davis, here we go again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hey more competition let him come to camp.
Ideally someone who's not beat up and could be a good swing T and potentially starting G would be great to have. I don't want this guy in our locker room. When reinstatement is granted, 49ers should immediately waive him.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TyCore:
Sign him to the lowest contract allowed by law, with NOTHING but performance incentives to top it off.

I don't see why not.

Because you would be wasting money on the jersey and the Uber home when he quits again.
NOPE NOPE AND MORE NOPE!

I rather give aldon smith a chance again.

straight definition of a quitter.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
he couldn't even get on the field in 2014 and went bipolar as soon as 2016 started. He'll be 30 this year and is out of shape, and then you add the injury.hes. useless.

Simple solution. Cut this nutcase and go about our day. Just like we did Glen Coffee

Curious, how do you know that he is out of shape? Also, has he been diagnosed as bipolar?

Not saying I believe AD, but he said he has matured and his committed to a comeback. Can people not grow up and change?

He was out of shape after a year off correct? Can't imagine that he's been doing the same intense training to stay in shape after 3 years of retirement, hasn't he been working on the marijuana business too? I'm calling him bipolar because of how much he would flip-flop especially on Twitter. Boy I'm glad I don't read his dumbass anymore. He'll be pushing 30 this year and we know how obsessed fans are when it comes to that age. His best years are behind him and when he was there, he was still very inconsistent in pass protection

HARD PASS
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Won't take long to see if he is committed to getting in shape and regaining his form. Chances are no but...........if he did, he would be a nice piece to have. Could play guard and play Swing tackle. Definitely better than Person if he shows movement skills.

Even then who knows. He got in great shape on his last return and then promptly quit again. He's an odd duck
Can't believe some wants a 2 time All-Quitter back on the team...smh
Originally posted by 9erguy:
he couldn't even get on the field in 2014 and went bipolar as soon as 2016 started. He'll be 30 this year and is out of shape, and then you add the injury.hes. useless.

Simple solution. Cut this nutcase and go about our day. Just like we did Glen Coffee

Curious, how do you know that he is out of shape? Also, has he been diagnosed as bipolar?

Not saying I believe AD, but he said he has matured and his committed to a comeback. Can people not grow up and change?

He was out of shape after a year off correct? Can't imagine that he's been doing the same intense training to stay in shape after 3 years of retirement, hasn't he been working on the marijuana business too? I'm calling him bipolar because of how much he would flip-flop especially on Twitter. Boy I'm glad I don't read his dumbass anymore. He'll be pushing 30 this year and we know how obsessed fans are when it comes to that age. His best years are behind him and when he was there, he was still very inconsistent in pass protection

HARD PASS

Good points, appreciate your point of view. He probably misses the money more than anything and that alone doesn't bode well for a successful return.
I bet you the Patriots find a way to some how get him... wait for us to cut him, or trade a 7th rd pick for him, with Lynch agreeing.

Boom their replacement for Trent Brown. People claimed Trent had motivation issues with us...and the Patriots knew how to motivate him into the largest contract for a tackle in history.

Is 2019 Davis on Browns level? Probably not... but there was a reason he was picked in the first round...and played like it... so I'm sure the Pats will be happy to find out.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I bet you the Patriots find a way to some how get him... wait for us to cut him, or trade a 7th rd pick for him, with Lynch agreeing.

Boom their replacement for Trent Brown. People claimed Trent had motivation issues with us...and the Patriots knew how to motivate him into the largest contract for a tackle in history.

Is 2019 Davis on Browns level? Probably not... but there was a reason he was picked in the first round...and played like it... so I'm sure the Pats will be happy to find out.

This dude does not have the mental toughness to play under Bill Belichick. He'd start crying again and retire.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
NO GTFOH!!!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol he hasn't played in 4 years and is about to be 30. Hes worthless.

The niners online is worthless

Actually they've been ok under Shanahan. Not even close to our biggest weakness. Compared to the OL in the Erickson/Nolan/Sing era, these guys are elite.

Well since you put in that way, it's true. We don't have Chilo Rachal and Erik Pears out there. But we can still go better.
Forgot about this guy lol
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
The tackles are Staley and McGlinchey. To describe them as worthless makes me wonder if you have been watching the team.

The online has no depth or interior blocking

Yes worthless

Not the type of line u want blocking for a qb coming off a acl
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Can't believe some wants a 2 time All-Quitter back on the team...smh

Well if the quitter is broke he should be plenty motivated. It doesn't hurt to look and see
Share 49ersWebzone